Autodesk has announced it is reworking their Sketchup import for the new Revit (2020). Great news for everyone who’s has both Revit and Sketchup in their workflow.
However, we often need to go from Revit to Sketchup for design iteration. It would be very helpful if the Sketchup developers could also step it up and improve the Revit import into Sketchup workflow
In an ideal world:
- Link a Revit model (frozen but can be updated, very helpful for existing condition, site, …)
- Import a Revit model (can be changed in Sketchup)
- Support for Revit materials
- Clean geometry (prevent triangulation when possible)
- Optimized for speed (instancing of families, …)