Best Extensions for SketchUp Pro 2021 version for Me

Just look for the best extensions for SketchUp Pro 2021 for Mac OS system.

Best extensions to do what?

2 Likes

Try searching the forum for a similarly titled topic. There was one within the last year or so. From what I remember there wasn’t a lot of overlap between different people’s “best” extensions because different people do different things with SU and the “most useful” extensions depend on what you need them for.

But many people use several of Fredo’s extensions (from SketchUcation Plug-in Store not Extension Warehouse), many now paid for.

For 3D printing Solid Inspector 2 is very useful.

For traditional North American wood framed houses Medeek’s paid extensions speed up drawing and revision considerably.

If you need to label angles or slopes in SU (rather than in Layout) Angular Dimension 2 and Slope Markers (both on SketchUcation Plug-in Store) provide functions not in native SU.

It depends a lot on what kinds of SU models you build… (as I just see @DaveR has already posted). He’s always very quick to respond.

add things like siding, bricks, roofings, etc. also to add furniture, different type of kitchen installations, bathroom fixtures, etc

Sounds like you mostly need to learn how to use the 3D Warehouse to download components and materials. No extensions required for that.

What about 3D text? Which extension works best for 3D text for Mac?

The native 3D Text tool works just fine. Or you could use ThomThom’s Editable 3D Text extension if you want. How are you planning to use 3D Text in your models?

I just want to use it to label my rooms within my blueprints

I wouldn’t do that with 3D Text. It’ll bloat your model file. I would add all of the text and dimensions in LayOut instead.

What do U do when text does not work in LayOut???

What text doesn’t work in LayOut? I’ve never had any trouble with that.

Thanks