Auto-text for Scale

Unless I’ve missed a button somewhere along the line there is no auto-text feature for the scale of a drawing. This would be a very handy feature for drawing output.

Thanks

8 Likes

Hi Brendan-

Thanks for the feedback - I’ve done a +1 for this in our feature request list.

-m

Displaying the scene name would also be useful, together with the scale it would give a proper view title.

Anssi

3 Likes

+1, please.

Related to 28393 because of the reference to scene name as an auto-text and because of the use-case complexity that arises when there is more than one scene on a layout page.

1 Like

same here

I would love this feature, would make for a nice time saver

This would still be a great feature to have! Even better if it could be linked to a specific viewport.

1 Like

:+1: auto-text for scale is a great idea!

Actually, I think the auto-text for SCALE should apply to the current page.

Does anyone know if this was ever implemented? Having an auto text for the page’s scale would be a great feature.

Pages don’t have a scale. There is auto text available for labels that will show the scale of a viewport, though.
Screenshot - 10_18_2023 , 3_00_24 PM
Screenshot - 10_18_2023 , 3_01_23 PM

Make the leader transparent and place the text where you want it on the page.

2 Likes

Has this feature been implemented into LayOut? Either way, is there a tutorial video for the steps you are describing?

It’s been available for a long time. I showed it in my previous post and described how to use it I don’t know if there’s a specific video showing how to use it but I’ll see what I can find. It’s just done with auto text in a label.

1 Like

I didn’t find a specific tutorial on this but I expect Eric covered it in this video.

1 Like