Artificial Intelligence - Photography now,, what is next?

Are the creative professions now under threat ?

DALLE, E 2

2 Likes

Or is it just another tool in the toolbox?

1 Like

And then there is this:

1 Like

All Very Exciting and Scary at the Same Time.

1 Like

zvan2000 you are 100% accurate. This is both interesting and scary! :crazy_face:

If you are interested/curious, here is a site where you can learn more about how it works: How DALL-E 2 Actually Works

1 Like

Well the question is who has the tool… the photographer whose income depends on this skill… or his client who using the tool no longer needs his skill ?

Raises another interesting question… who owns the copyright of the image ?

• The images used by the software to create the concept?
  • the DALL-E 2 software that created the image
  • the user who input the generating statement?

hmmmmm !

might be the death of copyright ?

1 Like

Excellent questions. I did not think about the copyright issue.

1 Like

A real world test with a graphic designer… unsettling

especially when you consider AI took 30 seconds… and designer took 3+ days

My point being, the camera didn’t make everyone an artist, CAD didn’t make everyone an architect, …

Of course, you are correct that in the wrong hands (State, Corp., or individual) it could be used nefariously, and probably will. And should DALL-E 2 ever become sentient… who knows the outcome. :wink:

1 Like

Here’s an interesting side note; We Asked GPT-3 to Write an Academic Paper about Itself.–Then We Tried to Get It Published - Scientific American

1 Like

Here is a reply about @gsharp comments related to copyright issues on another forum that I am sharing here.

Reading the ToS of using the service to establish usage…

…but at the end of the day we are contributing to an experiment in machine learning. So its quite easy to not partake as it is to partake.

Again, interesting to see where this goes in the future.

2 Likes

I think we may be hitting the inflection point with AI, things should be very interesting in the next few years. How will we harness this new found tech?
Will we ever achieve strong AI? Will more jobs be lost or created?

4 Likes