Any updates on printing? And how do I save a file as a PDF?

Unfortunately, I’m working only with a Chromebook. No other options.

Title says it all. I need to be able to print scaled construction drawings. Has there been an update here?

Also, I need to be able to save as PDFs to share drawings with sub contractors. Is there a way of doing this?

I don’t believe anything has changed in regards to those things. If you’re doing construction drawings and such, you should invest in SketchUp Pro and use LayOut.

Too much overhead, I don’t have the resources available. Any other free 2d drafting options that are as user friendly and Chromebook compatible?

Not that I’m aware of.

Shucks, thanks man.

https://www.google.nl/amp/s/www.engadget.com/amp/2017/01/24/google-for-education-asus-acer-chromebook/

MIke,

What happens when you P it? I just printed from my Chromebook. You kind of have to pan around the drawing a bit to get it centered but it worked. Of course you could also print to a PDF.

Hi guys,

SketchUp Free will support basic printing from the browser (just select “File>Print” or whatever the norm is for your platform) and you’ll get an image at screen resolution maximized on whatever page size you’ve chosen.

Unfortunately, printing to scale is a much more complicated problem, one which we solve best in SketchUp Pro’s LayOut application. If you haven’t checlked that out yet, it might be worth a closer look.

john

1 Like

Hi,

The page
https://help.sketchup.com/en/article/3000316 “Getting Started with SketchUp Free”
says at the end

You can print files or download your file in .png format, but you cannot yet print high-resolution images to scale via SketchUp Free

I’m using Chrome [Version 63.0.3239.132 (Official Build) (64-bit)] on windows10 and can for sure print my page via Chrome/Print, but I can’t find the way to download as .png.
Any advice?

Best regards,
Håkan

I think I found the answer e.g. here

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.