Any updates on printing? And how do I save a file as a PDF?

Unfortunately, I’m working only with a Chromebook. No other options.

Title says it all. I need to be able to print scaled construction drawings. Has there been an update here?

Also, I need to be able to save as PDFs to share drawings with sub contractors. Is there a way of doing this?

I don’t believe anything has changed in regards to those things. If you’re doing construction drawings and such, you should invest in SketchUp Pro and use LayOut.

Too much overhead, I don’t have the resources available. Any other free 2d drafting options that are as user friendly and Chromebook compatible?

Not that I’m aware of.

Shucks, thanks man.

MIke,

What happens when you P it? I just printed from my Chromebook. You kind of have to pan around the drawing a bit to get it centered but it worked. Of course you could also print to a PDF.

Hi guys,

SketchUp Free will support basic printing from the browser (just select “File>Print” or whatever the norm is for your platform) and you’ll get an image at screen resolution maximized on whatever page size you’ve chosen.

Unfortunately, printing to scale is a much more complicated problem, one which we solve best in SketchUp Pro’s LayOut application. If you haven’t checlked that out yet, it might be worth a closer look.

john

1 Like

Hi,

The page
https://help.sketchup.com/en/article/3000316 "Getting Started with SketchUp Free"
says at the end

You can print files or download your file in .png format, but you cannot yet print high-resolution images to scale via SketchUp Free

I’m using Chrome [Version 63.0.3239.132 (Official Build) (64-bit)] on windows10 and can for sure print my page via Chrome/Print, but I can’t find the way to download as .png.
Any advice?

Best regards,
Håkan

I think I found the answer e.g. here

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.