Another intersect problem

intersect

I have a simple storage rack with shelves. I try and intersect the side with the shelves and some shelves interest and others do not. My goal is the create ¼ inch deep dado’s for machining. I have tried everything I can think of with varying results. Sometimes only part of the shelves will intersect, try it again and it intersects but others do not. Sanding spindle rack v7.skp (129.4 KB)

I think you are suffering from a known bug, whereby if new edges meet the perimeter of a face they do not auto-intersect properly.
However, I think in your case you wouldn’t really want the rebates for the shelves to meet the side or bottom edge exactly anyway - making it in reality would result in a tear out at these edges…
So I moved the shelves inwards and upwards by 1/4" and it intersected just fine, then I remive the unwanted extar edges left by the parts of the shelf assemblie, then it PushPulls by 1/4" to make the rebates that will house the ends of the shelves…

@TIG is right about the tear out concerns. But if you are really determined that those shelves should meet the edges of the side, you could temporarily pushpull the side a known amount larger along the front and bottom, do the intersect, and then pushpull back to the original size.

This topic was automatically closed after 91 days. New replies are no longer allowed.