A new way to Bevel edges in SketchUp

Ah I see - so it’s based on the viewport size! - just tried it now - I have to zoom a fair way in, or I get some of those things you describe as I was getting 60+mm values. I’m on a 4K display, I don’t know if that would make that worse.

I’d also like this to be able to reference the end of a curve that I would then use as geometry for something else. I think I will use Bevel more as a tool to generate curves than bevels.

You can see an example of the sort of stuff I’d be doing with it here:

S. Vicente II – casca. architecture and design

EDIT: The link does’t associate an image. Here is one:

2 Likes

RoundCorner has worked well for me. It’s a one way deal though. Once you apply it later you can’t really edit the adjacent faces anymore. I always copy the model and then apply roundcorner. If I need to change something later then I have model I can manipulate and apply roundcorner again later. This extension may be the same way.

Pat

1 Like

I mainly do part modeling work using SketchUp. When the corresponding line is visible, it’s easy to add continuous modeling. Of course, I can work while looking at hidden geometry, but that’s cumbersome. Fredo6’s RoundCorner and FredoCorner already have that functionality, and I’ve found them extremely useful so far.

1 Like

Purchased. This is exactly the kind of functionality I believe should be built into SketchUp; however, since it’s not, I’m glad someone else is providing it for us (albeit at additional cost). Excellent tool.

2 Likes

Good morning!!
I tried to make the chamfer in all ways, I already tried the steps shown in the support and it doesn’t work.
It worked only once when I installed the plugin

Your profile says you are using SketchUp 2014. Is that correct?
Screenshot - 9_6_2023 , 7_40_25 AM
It may be that the extension doesn’t support that ancient version of SketchUp. There is no Studio Plan for 2014, either.

Share your SketchUp model so we can see what you are working with and help you get it sorted out.

Sorry my version is 2022 but it didn’t work
the plugin points out the same error.

Fix your profile. Bogus information in your profile doesn’t help us help you.

Share the .skp file.

I already fixed it, my version is 2022

Thank you for fixing your profile.

I’m not asking you for screenshots. I’m asking you for the actual SketchUp file.

Uploading: TESTE SKP.skp…

You have to wait for it to upload completely before you click Reply.

FOLLOW THE ARCHIVE LINK

TESTE

This is what I see when I use the extension on your model.
bevel

FWIW, you could have just dragged the .skp file into a reply here. The forum limit for uploads is 16 Mb.

WHEN I DRAG IT THIS MESSAGE APPEARS, IT ONLY WORKED THE FIRST TIME I INSTALLED THE PLUGIN, I DON’T KNOW WHAT ELSE TO DO TO MAKE IT WORK.

Try this:

Close SketchUp.
Find the SketchUp 2023 installer in your downloads folder or get it again from Download All | SketchUp
Right click on the installer and choose Run as administrator.
When the option is presented, click on Repair.
After the repair operation has completed, do a power-off reboot of your computer. Shut it off completely and then turn it on again.
Open SketchUp and try running the extension again.

I did all the procedure you went through and the error continues, the same reference as you showed above with the red dot does not appear, always the same message.

Maybe @Whaat will have some advice. It has to be something on your end since the extension works with your model.

Good afternoon!!

I installed it in Sketchup 2021 and it worked.