3Dconnexion Space Mouse problems

My 3D Mouse (3Dconnexion SpaceMouse Pro Wireless spontaneously stopped working with Sketchup Pro 2023. The device works fine with other software, so I know it’s not a hardware issue. I uninstalled and re-installed the driver from 3Dconnexion. I have the 3DxSketchUp plugin in the proper location (it has worked in this location until yesterday). It is dated Dec 1, 2022. I have checked the Extension Manager in SketchUp to make sure nothing is disabled. I have also done several system shutdown and reboots. I have not uninstalled and re-installed Sketchup.

I have noticed that in the System Properties for the device, when trying to configure the buttons, I am no longer able to see a list of SketchUp Application Commands. It just displays what looks like default 3DMouse commands. I used to see a full list of commands (Rectangle Tool, Line Tool, etc.).

If anyone has advise as how to resolve this, I would appreciate it. I am not new to Sketchup nor the SpaceMouse. I have been using both for many years and have gone through updates, re-installs, driver problems, OS upgrades, etc. many times. This is the first time that I’ve had everything set up just how I like it and that had it quit working without any changes having been made.

What is the version of your OS? Please update your profile!!!~ This info is needed to properly answer your question.

1 Like

Thank you. I have updated my profile as recommended. Looks like I hadn’t done that in a while.

I am on a 24" iMac with and Apple M1 chip, running Sonoma 14.1.2 (23B92). I also use a Logitech MX Master 3 for Mac as my pointing mouse.

If you look at the 3dConnexion site you will see the device is not supported yet.
Spacemouse softeare
Also it has been reported there are some issues with SketchUp and Sanoma.

I also have an issue with my 3d connexion spacemouse wireless since I upgraded my Mac IOS. I am in touch with 3d connexion and have been informed that they are aware and are working on driver updates. It’s not Sketchup at fault here.

Unfortunately, 3DConnexion has a terrible track record for taking eternity to update their drivers for a new release of either macOS or SketchUp. They will get there eventually, but don’t hold your breath!

Hi @Guido. Have you had any luck in resolving your SpaceMouse issue. I have not been able to get mine to work in Sketchup 2023 Pro since my original post. I did reinstall the latest driver from 3dconnexion (dated 8 Jan 2024) since my post, but no changes. I still don’t see the application commands for Sketchup in the SpaceMouse properties either. If you’ve been able to sort anything out I would appreciate a share. I hate having this awesome piece of gear and not be able to use it. I’ve relied on it for several years. Thanks in advance.

No luck, sold the mouse on eBay for about 75% of what I paid.

Aw, that’s too bad. I know how you feel though. Not much good if we can’t get it to work. I’ve read everything I can find on the forum and have tried all suggestions. Still no luck. Not sure where I’ll go from here. Best wishes and thanks for the reply.

I’m hoping someone here might be able to look at this and see if I’m doing something wrong. I’ve pored over all of the posts and comments on this topic and I’ve tried all I can think of. I have a 2022 version of SU Pro and a 2023 versions of SU 2023. I’m on a 24" iMac with an M1 chip running Sanoma 14.2.1. My wireless SpaceMouse Pro partially works in 2022 (pans and zooms, will not tilt or rotate) and has no functionality in 2023. See my screenshot to see that the files are identical in both versions. I’m I missing something simple? See the original post at the top for a little more info. I am not a newbie at this.

Please help.

The screenshot looks like maybe you have the folders installed at the root of your hard drive? If so, that’s the wrong place! They should be in

/Library/Application Support

Note: that is the all-users /Library, not your personal ~/Library.

The 3dConnexion driver installer should install the extension for every version of SketchUp it finds on your Mac. However, there have been reports of issues with Sonoma on their user forum. Perhaps one of the things discussed there will help…

Edit: BTW, getting just pan and zoom with a Space Mouse is proof that SketchUp is not loading the 3DConnexion extension for SketchUp. Those are the responses to the default scroll events the Space Mouse generates without the extension.

1 Like

I tried a screenshot with the path expanded starting at the HD level. It does then show the layout seen in that screenshot.

The date modified being today makes it seem likely the installer was run again today, and installed into 2022 and 2023.

My Sonoma M3 Mac does work ok with 3D Space Mouse. The version of their software I’m using at the moment is 5.4.0. The files have the same modified date as in the 2021 and 2022 folders, which was Nov 1 2023. That’s probably when I last ran the installer.

They must have changed the look of Finder in Sonoma. I’m still running Ventura, and it doesn’t look like that.

I took my screenshot on my Ventura Intel Mac. I was in List view at the Macintosh HD level, expanded Library, Application Support, both SketchUps, then scrolled down until SketchUp 2021 was the first visible item.

I really appreciate all who are replying to this post. This community is awesome and it helps so many.

Here is a screenshot of the entire address for my files. I feel like I have them where they should be. Another issue I see is that the properties of the 3dConnexion software has a selection for Sketchup, but the application commands don’t look right (see the picture at the beginning of the post). This leads me to believe that I don’t have a good version of the driver, although I’ve deleted and downloaded the most recent several times. Can someone take a look at theirs and see if the commands for “Rectangle Tool”, Circle Tool", etc show up in the application commands for the button selection.

That certainly looks right.

Sorry, I can’t help with that. Those items are specific to the Enterprise Space Mouse and I have only the basic Space Mouse (actually it’s an ancient Space Navigator that still works!).