3D Modeling TREES

Do you pine for a way to spruce up your tree modeling skills? Branch out and bark up the right tree on SketchUp’s Live sTREEm!

In observance of Arbor Day in the US, @TheOnlyAaron opens his trunk of tips to make your foliage modeling more fruitful. Join live to ash questions, throw shade, or simply plant yourself in front of the screen and grow your 3D roots.

They say one generation plants a tree, the next enjoys its shade. We might add: Geo-locate and turn on Shadows to see exactly where that shade will be.

Watch on YouTube, LinkedIn, Facebook, & Twitter.
2024-04-26T18:00:00Z

6 Likes

From the look of his face, Aaron appears to be in trouble.
What a fun stream would be :smile:

2 Likes

He certainly isn’t sitting on his laurels. It looks more thorny.

4 Likes

Dear Matt, It is with great regret that I take this action. This is gonna hurt me more than it does you Matt but it is for your own good. You will thank me later. (Much later, after you have been released from Pun Prison). I have alerted the PST (Pun SWAT Team). They are aware of your location and will be arriving momentarily! Do not attempt to flea! Sincerely, Transom

4 Likes

Pun Prison. I almost want to go there. Almost.

2 Likes

Sounds like you’ve got some dirt on me. Time for me to turn over a new leaf. Although I’ve heard puns are quite poplar behind bark—er, bars.

2 Likes

I’m looking forward to seeing Aaron conker this thorny problem.

2 Likes
4 Likes

Hi there folks! I want to express my gratitude for featuring the method I came up with in your last live session.

Let me share with you a 3D model ready to create different trees. The snaps are ready to use and there’s some branch/leaves configurations ready as well.

Hope you like it and thank you so much for the livestream!

8 Likes

Awesome share, Alejandro! Thanks for the inspiration!!

2 Likes

Thanks Alejandro and Aaron for this awesome demo of the snap function and how we can work with scaled down componants! I’ll use this idea to teach these features to my students in architecture design school.

4 Likes

Glad to ear that, thank you!
Have a nice day.