What’s up with SketchUp Make?

DaveR,

Thanks for your reply. As to Lenovo screwing up my computer, it is not clear to me that is what has happened. The computer works fine in other respects. I use several OpenGL programs, including Google Earth, DAZ Studio, Carrara, Hexagon, and others. They continue to work all right. I have found SketchUp 2016 works all right, as well.

If, in fact, it is a Leonovo error, then my telling them I can no longer run Sketchup Make, is unlikely to solve it. It would require Trimble’s telling them or giving me the information needed to identify the Lenovo problem to do something useful. That isn’t happening.

I am happy with Lenovo, but I will have to say that no longer supporting Make, providing a significantly inferior replacement, and removing the other archive versions of Make does not exactly enamor me with Trimble.

As I said, I am an occasional SketchUp user. Whether I use Sketchup 2017 or 2016 going forward is not of particular significance to me. I would hate to have to be forced to use Sketchup Free, however.

As to where it failed, I was able to attach to it in Visual Studio, and know where it crashed. Without the source code that is not of much use. The crash information was sent to Trimble via the BugSplat, and they have it. There is more information as to where it happened in the other post.

It seems appropriate to discusss that Sketchup Make 2017 is not working in this topic, but the details and a possible fix should be done in the other topic, if you want to pursue it.

Thanks for your interest.