Everything in my foreground disappears

Me neither, even if I turn on parallel projection.

it’s even fine on a mac…

I’m guessing it’s probably my computer then. Well that is just fantastic.

Thanks for the help.
I know this is off the topic of the thread but is there a way to add images or pictures to models in SketchUp? If so, could you tell me how or direct me to where I could find out how.

[quote=“generalrialki, post:13, topic:11313, full:true”]
Thanks for the help.I know this is off the topic of the thread but is there a way to add images or pictures to models in SketchUp? If so, could you tell me how or direct me to where I could find out how.
[/quote] Import 2d…
Images.
Check the option for ‘As Image’…

To add a little to that, once you have done the import and as image, you then click once to place it, move the mouse and click again to set its size. Or just double click to place it at its original size.

An alternative is to import as a texture. The only difference is that you then place the image onto an existing surface.

No buts about it.
It’s best to start a new topic rather than clutter this one.

And there is also Watermark images in a style.
You might check your style, if there is a watermark on.

On your screenshot, I see a very faint box that looks like a tooltip or a mouse popup menu, that says (I think,) “Window Snip”.

Do you have some 3rd party screen grabber utility running ?
If so, try disabling it to see if it is the culprit.

Do you have any render programs running ?
Try disabling them also. Threre may be a Z-order issue with an overlying window object on your screen.

Save the model, close and restart SketchUp
Does the issue still occur ?

Close SketchUp and reboot computer. Restart SketchUp and try again.
This is to totally refresh memory in case an error caused memory corruption.
Does the issue still occur ?

1 Like

Try this test in SketchUp:
Click … Window > Preferences > OpenGL > deselect Use Hardware Acceleration
Shutdown SketchUp and then restart SketchUp for the new setting to take effect.

If that helps, then the likely problem is a deficiency in OpenGL support from your graphics system.
Sometimes OpenGL problems stem from an outdated graphics driver.
Updating the graphics driver may fix the problem.

Read…
How can I update my computer’s graphics driver? — SketchUp Help

I unchecked the Use Hardware Acceleration and restarted SketchUp. I opened one of my models, orbited the camera around a bit, and then it crashed, completely.

Try the following:

1. ZoomExtents
  2. Select tool, select from top right to lower left of the screen. This should catch everything in the drawing.
  3. Control or Command C (copy)
  4. Open a new SketchUp file
  5. In the new file Control or Command V (paste)

All your information should be in the new file.

Hi All,

I looked up this thread to find a solution but everything seems to be getting worse for me too. Here’s the model…

I have imported dwg, dxf and geo located it too. I have tried the fov trick the size of the model, the origin distance… none fixed it.

Can anyone help me get it back to behaving normally please?

Thanks in advance.

[Okay the only thing I didn’t try, which fixed it for me is I cut the model out (ctrl+x on PC), exited Sketchup without saving, opened up Sketchup once again > new file > paste. Fixed!]

[removed file due to confidentiality]

@IanR, I’m not sure why your model is behaving as it does. Turning off shadows removes the clipping plane. I cleared the location and set it manually and the problem seems to have been fixed. check it to see if you see the same thing.

1 Like

Thank you. I do recall it becoming a problem when I added the location. I will try later.

Locating the model has never presented this issue before for me.

It seems to be a combination of location and shadows. Is it possible the sun never shines in this location? :smiley:

No :stuck_out_tongue:

possibly…

@DaveR Would you mind removing the file if you still have location data included? If not, not to worry…

File removed.

1 Like

But if anyone needs it I can send it on, or just the geo data if that’s all you need.

@Box Sorry I’m not following you?

Sorry, bad joke, trying to point out that that once it’s uploaded it is already out there.
You’d be surprised at how fast files are downloaded.
But not to worry, I’ll only be selling it to those who can afford my prices.

1 Like