Crash but not splat

Several months ago, I bought a new laptop with the Intel HD 5500 video adapter integrated with an nVidia Geforce 840M. I installed my licensed version of SU Pro (the 64-bit version) and it resulted in my work simply disappearing after the file had been open and worked on for about 5 minutes or so.

In trying to diagnose the issue, I fiddled with settings in the OS and in the software to no avail. Ultimately, I removed the 64-bit version of SU and replaced it with the 32-bit version. This has solved the problem for me in using SketchUp on this specific laptop. I continue to use the 64-bit version with no problems on my other system whlch has an nVidia graphics card and not the Intel adapter.

You may want to try uninstalling your 64-bit version of SketchUp and installing the 32-bit v in its place. Admittedly this is not the most desirable solution because it reduces the available amount of usable memory in SketchUp, but if it allows you to use SU without it crashing, it is more economical than buying another computer. Having used the 32-bit v for about 5 months now with no major concerns, this may be a reasonable alternative approach in this case.

If you decide to take that route, let us know if it works for you.