Continuing the discussion from Crashing and can I install on two pc?:
All I can say is there are SketchUp editions that run under Apple OSX. (But there is a minimum supported OSX version. as Apple drops support from each version, so does SketchUp.)
The newer SketchUp Pro licenses are now cross-platform (because they are cloud based schemes.)
You will not catch me buying anything from Apple.
I personally believe their hardware is inferior to any of the PC clones, and they allow less options for the end user to choose. (The recent “dumbing down” of the Mini line is a case in point.) But I’ve never been fond of anything Apple.
I think you’ll get much more for your money from Toshiba. (We’ve had like 5 of them and they’re all still going, even the old obsolete ones that are still running XP.)
We’ve had bad experiences with HP machines, and will not be buying from them again.
Also, generally, I will now only choose Intel CPUs and Nvidia graphics,… never again AMD CPU or ATI graphics. (Because of past poor performance, and high incidence of hardware failures from AMD/ATI products.)
But most what I’ve said is subjective, and the result of my own experience.
You’ll likely get the “flip-side” from @Barry as he used to work for Apple.