3D warehouse signin problems

Hi, I am newer, I wanted to get an STL export extension to SU Make, so I use the 3 d warehouse route in the SU menu., I log in to 3d Warehouse, find the extension I would like, then when I click on download it flashes up a screen and logs me out back to the first page, I have tried a couple of google accounts, bot behave the same,

any ideas whats going on?

3DWarehouse is different than Extension Warehouse. You’re saying 3DWarehouse but you mean Extension Warehouse.

But this does bring up a point: if you upload your model to 3DWarehouse, you can have it generate a very nice + improved-to-print STL file from your uploaded SketchUp file:

Once you upload a model and specify I want this to be 3d printable,
where do you get the 3d printable model?

I uploaded a model and chose this but the only file that seems to be downloadable is the original sketchup file.

What am I missing?

thanks

Are you downloading the file in SketchUp? If you are, try downloading it via a web browser (Firefox, Chrome, Safari, etc.) A menu should come up once you press the download button that will allow you to select the file you want.

1 Like

Another thing is that it does take a little bit of time before the .STL file is ready to download. If you did choose to make it printable, STL should be in the list, though it won’t be availabe until after the STL file is created and ready for download.

I am clicking the download button. a window comes up says redirecting and
then I am signed out again, it does this from within SketchUp or externally
using Chrome

Are you downloading the file in SketchUp? If you are, try downloading it via a web browser (Firefox, Chrome, Safari, etc.) A menu should come up once you press the download button that will allow you to select the file you want.

Do you have a link to where I can download this from a web browser?
I thought that it can only be downloaded from within the sketchup application under 3d warehouse…

Then you’re cached… this issue has been fixed. See other threads in Extension Warehouse.