#WinterBlues Finalists: Vote Now!

Probably a subdivision tool.

Thank you. For organic shapes, I use Artisan plugin. I especially enjoy to create or re-create characters with it.

1 Like

Good to know. I’ve notice several people had use it for their models. I’ve thought about getting the artisan tool but I’m too cheap. The reviews always looked questionable for it. Have you had issues with it? Thanks

No problem at all when buying Artisan. You can download it for a free trial. After, the cost was about 40$ 4 years ago. They send you the license key. Since this time, I bought a new PC, re-installed Artisan. No problem.

Wow, awesome! Thanks a lot for voting my model into the Top 5. I did not expect that. I started with Sketchup only a few months ago. It was love at first sight. :wink:
Two weeks ago, I made two Animations of my model, just for fun. If you want to see it at youtube:
Animation with Sketchup: https://youtu.be/QUT_lFSCpSU
Animation with Lumion 8: https://youtu.be/xfQXhtsRJDo

Again, thanks a lot!
Peter

4 Likes

Nice videos!
Find the difference to your end scene :wink:

4 Likes

You know, as much as I enjoy our current studio space, I think I would prefer to work from here! Great render… Looks great!

1 Like

Hi Cotty! Thanks!
Haha, jo - I should render the opposite side (the camera view) and put this on the laptop screens.

1 Like

Hi Aaron, thanks a lot!
Idea: If you are looking after a site for this, then I do all the construction documents for it - I want to learn Layout anyway. :grinning:

2 Likes

Congrats to Vlooi B. ! This is the model I voted for.
Would it be possible to let us know the rank of the 4 other models please ?
I am impatient for the next challenge…
Nice week-end to all.
Greetings from France.
Sylvie

2 Likes

Congratulations Vlooi B.! You are a worthy Winner, your model is awesome!

Congratulations Vlooi B.! Your model was awesome. I liked it so much I even put it into my favorites.

Good Game Vlooi B :wink:

Woah. :scream: I really wish I had a renderer that made my models look this good. I’m actually wondering this is actually a photograph you took at a beach, or something.

It’s an image from Peters video and not from me.

Oh. But even still…

Hi Cameron. This Rendering is made with Lumion 8 Pro. I did a lot of things with Cinema4d before, but since I use Lumion, I can do whole Animations, cause of the awesome Renderspeed in Lumion. Furthermore Lumion is very easy to use (for architecture). I made a whole animation of my beach house. If you want to see it at youtube: Animation with Lumion 8: Beachhouse (Sketchup Contest) - YouTube

Is it free? I would love to use this for rendering a railroad trestle! If it isn’t, I can throw together an abandoned railroad trestle model, and would you be willing to animate it? :wink: It would be a cool test to see how good my models would look in a renderer!

Sorry for Offtopic.
No, Lumion is not freeware. I sent you a privat massage.