Why the installer must be "run as administrator"

That would imply that there are some issues with your Windows installation. What version of Windows are you using?

See:

And later in the same thread:

I think someone trying to install SketchUp on a machine with the Server version of Windows reported similar issues.

I am using Windows 10 Home. The second option you sent me doesn’t look like it is supported in Windows 10

Supported Operating System

Windows 7 Service Pack 1, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2, Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2, Windows Server 2012, Windows Vista Service Pack 2, Windows XP Service Pack 3

Hi Dave,

I removed SketchUp from my Computer and did a new install using the *.msi installer you recommended. I have to head to work now, so I will let you know how it goes when I return. I want to thank you for your help.

1 Like

Dave,
Even a clean install of Sketchup did not rectify my problem with “Dynamic Components”. Don’t know where to go from here.

Did you also install the current Dynamic Component extensions from the Extension Warehouse after repairing the installation?

Again, what is the problem with DCs? Actually repost in your other thread on that point.

I did not reinstall the Dynamic Components with the new install of SketchUp because it comes with the Pro version that I have.

This graphic shows what is happening.

I know it comes with it. It doesn’t hurt to install it again.

This is taking the thread off topic. Start a new one and include your SketchUp model file.

I’m not sure I know how to start a new thread Dave.

At the top of the main forum page click on New Topic.