Why is the draping tool excluding portions of the .DWG file

I am attempting to model ductwork to overlay onto modeled 3d floorplans, and I am having issues draping the linework onto a flat plane. I am using the exact same method I utilized for the floorplan linework, but there is much more information that is not translating to the flat plane when draping the duct linework. I am aware I could just draw the missing lines, but that method is simply not time efficient. I work for a HVAC company, and we are trying to make the transition to 3d floorplans, so tracing over the .dwg file is not an option in the long term due to time constraints. Does anyone have any tips? Thank you in advance.

Check that the DWG’s lines are all in the same plane [use a ‘flatten’ lisp on it before importing]
Also what is the actual size of the DWG on import ?
Using the incorrect size/scale might result in some tiny edges with SketchUp merges and effectively ignores.
Rather than using drape, you could simple draw a large rectangle and move the imported DWG object onto it then explode so they merge their geometry…

What size are the missing edges?

The missing areas vary, but it’s also the circular ducts that aren’t draping despite them being on the same layer.

I don’t think the line length is the issue due to entire sections of the file being left out. I had not thought to merge a rectangle with the line work, so I will certainly give that a try. Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.