What Graphics Card Configurations Work Best with AMD Ryzen Laptops for Smooth SketchUp Modeling and Rendering?

Hi everyone,

I’m considering upgrading to an AMD Ryzen laptop and want to make sure it will run SketchUp smoothly, both for modeling and rendering. I’m particularly interested in understanding which graphics card configurations are best suited for this purpose.

Here are a few specific aspects I’m looking to clarify:

Graphics Card Recommendations: What are the best graphics cards to pair with an AMD Ryzen laptop for optimal SketchUp performance? Are there specific models or brands that have shown better performance?

VRAM Considerations: How much VRAM is ideal for handling complex SketchUp models and rendering tasks? Are there minimum or recommended VRAM specifications?

Integrated vs. Dedicated GPUs: How does using an integrated GPU in an AMD Ryzen laptop compare to a dedicated graphics card in terms of SketchUp performance? Is it worth investing in a laptop with a dedicated GPU?

User Experiences: If you’ve used SketchUp on an AMD Ryzen laptop with various graphics cards, I’d love to hear about your experiences and any recommendations you might have.

Any insights, tips, or recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

You’ll never go wrong with the newest RTX based card you can afford. I use an older RTX 20 series at home on SU Pro 23-24 and ZERO issues (8th gen i7, 32 gb ram RTX 2060) and a few years older RTX 3080 at work (i9-12900K, 64 gb ram) and also ZERO issues in SU Pro 24.
As you see I do not use AMD based systems so that might make some difference but I’m not sure.
Good luck