Using SQLite from SketchUp 2016

After more research, I’ve decided to first try to install SQLite3 on Ruby and then try to make it work on SketchUp.

So, from http://rubyinstaller.org/downloads/, I’ve installed:

• Ruby 2.0.0-p648 (x64)
  • Development Kit for Ruby 2.0 and above (x64 - 64bits only) DevKit-mingw64-64-4.7.2-20130224-1432-sfx.exe

Then I’ve followed the instruction found on StackOverflow: How do I install sqlite3 for Ruby on Windows?

I’ve successfully installed the sqlite3 gem but when I try tu use it on irb with >require “sqlite3” I still get the error stating that he can’t find the sqlite3_native.so (giving me the full path). Odd enough the file is present on that path!

UPDATE

I’ve finally succeeded to run sqlite3 gem on Ruby, using the SQLite DLL “libsqlite3-0.dll” found on the “C:\sqlite-autoconf-3130000.libs” folder (the “C:\sqlite-autoconf-3130000” folder was the one where I did extract the C source downloaded from the SQLite web site).

To make it works on irb, I’ve copied it on the bin folder of ruby installation (on my case “C:\Ruby200-x64\bin”).

Then I’ve copied the “sqlite3_native.so” on my plugin source and the “libsqlite3-0.dll” on the “C:\Program Files\SketchUp\SketchUp 2016\Tools\RubyStdLib\platform_specific” folder.

And now it works also in SketchUp 2016 :slight_smile:

1 Like