SU Podium on Mac

Why is that?

How are you managing to use an Nvidia card on Mojave? I thought the newest you could use was High Sierra. After that, there’s no driver support. CUDA is definitely dropped, but I didn’t think you’d even be able to use it for a display either on Mojave and newer OS.

Because High Sierra was the last OS that supported Nvidia drivers Web driver and CUDA.

I don’t know why the Nvidia card never stopped working. It just can’t access the functions you need for special Nvidia features like CUDA. But It works for graphics. I have two cards and I have the MBP set to only use the Nvidia. It’s really nothing special though. I plan to downgrade this computer as well so I can render with both CPU and GPU’s on two computers. (not saying it will be that great).

Runs my Hi res DELL monitor great though.

1 Like

I agree that it is hugely wasteful to throw away a perfectly good screen and start again. But the industry seems based on built in obsolescence. Not the only one. When you buy a new car you dont generally transfer the wheels from your last one! But it’s why i took a look at the Mac Mini.

Still pondering.

Simon - from mobile

target mode is not supported for Mojave, you need to downgrade.

Yes, thanks for pointing that out Jack. I guess rolling back to an earlier OS is possible. Whether I want the hassle…

Re: your interest in a new iMac — you might want to delay your purchase as this article suggests a new thin-bezel design for iMacs is to be announced at the upcoming WWDC:

Rumor: Redesigned iMac to be announced at WWDC with thin bezels, AMD Navi GPUs and T2 chip - 9to5Mac