Some cool examples of my own

I was blown away by the realism of the rendering, then I thought maybe Matterport works with real life images?

I’ve never seen a gas meter in the kitchen. Sort of like post war England?

Just joshing.–VERY cool work! Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

mostly tradition

You had to model all the neighbours houses too? Wow…

1 Like

At first, I thought it was overkill and I was just doing it as an experiment for my own educational experience, but in the end, I was glad I did it to hit a grand slam for the approval.

Match Photo plus Place Maker for a nice collaboration of tools.

13 Likes

Some WIP. Constructability model using Medeek BIM tools (@medeek), but so much has to be customized.

North-South lateral resistance is trivial, but East-West is problematic…segmented shear walls (red from Medeek Wall), and a steel moment frame are needed. Simple 3 stop elevator.

5 Likes

Very cool modeling job. My humble opinion as soon as you put an elevator in the house “simple” got passed on by. :laughing:

3 Likes

Absolutely impressive model, I love seeing stuff like this.

A very bespoke house. The foundation system is something else as well.

Thank-you for sharing such an impressive piece of architecture.

3 Likes

Wow!
I, as an architectural draftsman, who mostly worked on projects which are build with bricks and ferro concrete this is really impressive!
Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Another Match Photo case study:
Marvin Windows DC components in 3D Warehouse have been extremely helpful at times, but recently, I had a case where I cared about door hardware and there’s nothing included. Off to my local showroom, snap a picture of a sample with an iPhone, back to work with Match Photo, and with a little effort, whipped up a pretty good representation.

9 Likes

Very cool use of Match Photo :+1:

3 Likes

Agreed! That’s something I hadn’t given thought to, but would be exceptionally helpful in my line of work! Very awesome gallery!

2 Likes

Your work is always impressive.

3 Likes

My! Thank you!

2 Likes

Having a little more fun with Match Photo: The ghost of future concrete. Footings are done. Next up is grade beams and columns.

21 Likes

Keep those coming :wink:

That’s gonna be a lot of concrete…

1 Like

Spotted in the field: Framing plan done with SketchUp → Layout → PowerCADD
Steel went up in a couple hours.

And the drawing:

12 Likes

love the use of colour and shadow in the details…
no need for line weight and viewport stacking to replicate old school drafting!

1 Like

One question: What is the purpose of placing a steel frame?

1 Like

The steel moment frame is for lateral (in our case wind loading) resistance while trying to achieve a wall of windows facing the water view. It’s a classic recurring problem with waterfront and big view house designs.

5 Likes

Thanks for the answer. I thought so, but it seems that the stiffness of the ceilings should ensure the stability of the structure. The more so because it is a tight development, it is not a free-standing building. Well, unless it’s in the region where typhoons and tornadoes pass, and maybe it’s a legal requirement?