SketchUp's 3D Warehouse is very very slow, but the website version works fine

Hello,

I’ve been experiencing significant delays with the 3D Warehouse inside SketchUp for the past three days. Initially, I assumed it might be a temporary issue with the SketchUp server, but the problem persists.

I’ve checked that the 3D website is functioning normally.

Could you please advise on how I can check or resolve this issue?

Thank you for your help.

It work fine on website !

And in a browser? If a browser is faster, quit SketchUp, and search the forums for deleting WebCache, then restart. If the browser is slow, start to debug your network, and search the forums for that., e.g. if you’re on a laptop, try a different network.

b

1 Like

@Barry Thank you very much.

The 3D Warehouse in the browser operates quickly, but within the SketchUp app, it’s significantly slower. Your response was helpful. Even after deleting the WebCache, it remains somewhat slow but is improving.
At least now, thumbnails have returned, and I can once again download models directly to SKP files.

I haven’t encountered this issue before. What could be causing this problem?"

Reference
Can anyone please help me - For some odd reason my 3D warehouse don’t open up to anything - Technical Problems / SketchUp - SketchUp Community

OK, so if the browser works, we know the network isn’t the issue. Then it’s the embedded Chromium browser in SketchUp and the cache. Anytime it slows down, I delete my cache and start over. Web browsers play lots of tricks to speed things up, but can get confused by overdoing it.

Beyond that, we have to update Chromium (which we try to do every version), so clearing cache is really your only choice besides using a browser.

b

1 Like

Hi @Barry

Honestly, I didn’t think it would work, but it did! Yesterday, the issue resurfaced even after I re-deleted the WebCache folder, forcing me to use the 3D Warehouse from a web browser.

Surprisingly, after clearing the cached images from MS Edge, the problem was resolved. I’m still puzzled about why this problem occurred in the first place since I didn’t make any modifications in my SketchUp.

Anyway, thank you very much for helping me. Really appreciate it !
I’ve learned how to troubleshoot if this problem arises again.

1 Like

Yea, I’m not sure how Edge affected this (it is Chromium-based, but should be separate). We’ll monitor this. Thanks for sharing this.

b

1 Like