Sketchup viewer AR - how to record?

Hello,

It’s been a while since the last time I’ve been here. Lately, apart from been really busy, I’ve also been playing with Sketchup viewer & argument reality on a Android phone and on a Ipad, showing my designs at full size scale in the location before we physically built it. I’m a film designer and it’s great to be able to see the Sets before hand :clap::clap::clap: well done sketchup!

Is there any way of recording a walk through the model while AR in on? Or, do I need to use an external screen recording app? and if so, how can I do it? any recommendations?

Every time I have try to leave the AV screen to start the recording app, the model had lost the anchor and I needed to start all over again. Models are fairly large and re anchoring is heavenly time consuming.

Thanks so much.

Antonio

On iPad you can pull down the iOS controls, find the record button and set it recording, then go to your model and anchor it. When you’re done walking around, pull down the controls again to stop the recording. In Photos you can edit the video and trim off the anchoring steps.

Hi Colin,

Thanks for your suggestion. I have also thought of that but my concern is about big models that takes something between 5 to 8 minutes to processed and anchor and having all that time the screens recording, but maybe your are right and that is the way to go, unless until they implement something natively within the viewer.

Thanks again