SketchUp 2023 update

1 Like

Oh wow, I thought you were joking, 2023 is out ! didn’t get the memo :slight_smile:

I went to the link DaveR provided and did not see a single word about 2023. Is there someplace to go to see what the updates are?

Well you can navigate to your profile, then your apps, then the download link, or go there

and login.

Capture d’écran 2023-02-16 à 19.37.20

But is there something that describes the updates?

it’s on the page I linked. to the right of my screenshot, the line extends and you’ll find release notes.

Hard/softwares requirements are still in 2022 though, but we can be sure Ventura is in.

I suppose we’ll have an official thread within hours, when official communication starts ?

off course, this updates comes on a Thursday evening, as I’m packing my luggage for a week in the familly. off course. I can’t play with the new toy.

Thanks for the link to the release notes. :+1:

Hi everyone, there will be a more official announcement post soon. Our team is working on a variety tasks relating to this update, but as you can see the new installer and release notes are posted.

3 Likes

I believe overlay is a very promising feature ! Simple, but might open many doors to extension developpers. I hope they’ll take advantage of it !

1 Like

I’m curious where you saw a 2023 version changelog. The extensibility team do have their own release notes, but that is only for API changes, or new extensibility features such as Overlays. I haven’t found something like that for the rest of the SketchUp changes.

I believe he refers to this link

https://help.sketchup.com/en/release-notes/sketchup-desktop-20230?fbclid=IwAR1tmHYnCFY7UxG15Q-rTy9Up6CYW2yjbBIgIKC4CORM4lATyttrofgRAio

No wait… really there’s no Trimble Connect deep integration like in SketchUp for iPad?
Are you serious?

Edit: something is improved for TC in 2023, but SketchUp for iPad is more understandable

2 Likes

Anyway yes. It’s a quite disappointing update. On macOS there’s still this bug where I can’t snap a toolbar on the left where Stage Manager is active;
There’s no dark theme;
There’s no compact UI…

1 Like

Here is the link I wen to: SketchUp Desktop 2023.0 | SketchUp Help

That document shows new features and notable improvements. It looks like we don’t list the existing issues that were fixed. Checking the previous years, the new features list is about average. Some years had more new features, some had less.

1 Like

When the complete changelog is available, if you can share it, I appreciate it.

I think there won’t be one, that’s why I was curious where you had seen one. Curiously, on minor updates we do list the things that were fixed.

So, it does look a lot like we have included improvements in older version .0 release notes. We’re checking into whether we can add those to the 2023 notes.

Is this the most underwhelming update ever, I know that I have just looked at the release notes but ??? I don’t understand where the improvements lie. I’ll be downloading tomorrow but is this really over a years work, after moving us onto subscriptions to ostensibly provide better and more frequent updates?

5 Likes

I checked the update in SU2022 and there’s pop-up for update, but
Why “What’s new? Check out the Release Notes…” link to 2022.0, not 2023.