Sketchup 2021 closes on open of file with no bugsplat

Thanks RLGL. I’ll give it a try.

Finally found an answer - I had 2 monitors connected to a laptop with an adaptor. The adaptor was not compatible with sketchup.
Connecting an HDMI cable from 1 monitor directly to the laptop works. Guess I can only add 1 additional monitor to a laptop instead of 2 for now.

I am still having this issue, and my work around doesn’t seem to be working ether now.
My work around was to open an old file that is not saved as 2021, once that file has opened I was then able to open my newer saved files and work on them.
This now doesn’t work and it closes on opening of both of these files but still no bug splat.
I see above you have mentioned custom styles, which I do have in my newer 2021 files.
Is this the issues?

Hi,

I have updated both Sketchup & Layout this morning, and still no luck.
It crashes as before.
Sketchup
If I persist I can open the SKP file after 5-8 times of trying.
Layout
Again if I persist I can open the LAYOUT file after 4-6 times of trying. But still crashes if I want to update my reference file.

This has been a big issue since April, and I’m still no closer to a resolution.

Any Help would be greatly appreciated.

Hello,

Not sure if I am using the forum wrong but why am I not getting any help on this issue?
I need update a project and at the moment I can’t.

Please someone help me. @colin

Did you manage to do as paul.millet suggested - temporarily rename you plugins folder?

Hi Paul,

No I was not able to as when I copy and search the text he mentioned nothing can be found.

I have found this though, is this the same folder that he is referring to?

So you don’t have any plugins in the plugin folder…?

In the Folder I referred to above I have this.

Which I am surprised at as I have lots of plugins within my Sketchup workspace.

So that’s the SketchUp 2021 plugins folder but somewhere in the thread colin mentioned the 2020 plugins folder…

Are you also using 2020 and is it your 2020 workspace that has number of plugins?

Yes I am using 2021 Pro with the latest update and the saved file was created in 2021.

I believe the mention of 2020 was for someone else that was using 2020.

I have just tried renaming the plugin folder in the image above and this has not changed the crashing issue, still no bugsplat ether.

Any chance you could share a file that SketchUp crashes on…?

Note that the “Plugins” folder window you showed is in the ProgramData folder. Generally, only Twinmotion and the 3DConnexion uses that. Extensions go to your personal Appdata folder.
C:\Users\Your username\AppData\Roaming\SketchUp\SketchUp 2021\SketchUp\Plugins

1 Like

yes no problem wetransfer link below.

https://we.tl/t-gdYXDRUaKm

Thanks for this Anssi,

I come to a dead end when I follow you guildens.
SU 02

C:\Users\Your username**\AppData \Roaming\SketchUp\SketchUp 2021\SketchUp\Plugins

In the above Your username should be your username.

If I navigate to C:\Users\Default\AppData\Roaming I also only have the Microsoft folder showing.

If you navigate to C:\Users what do you see?

BTW - your SketchUp file opened with no problems at my end…

Sorry i can run sketchup but computer workings are beyond me. sorry if this is painful.

This is what I see.

I’m guessing that you are probably defaultuser100000…?

If not then info

if i go there i dont have Roaming folder only Local

Try info then