Sketchup 2021 closes on open of file with no bugsplat

Same here. I’ve used sketchup for about 7 years and have never had an issue like this. Have you resolved it yet?

Thanks I have been using Sketchup for about the same time as you.
Tim from Sketchup team mentioned to always put your email in the bugsplat to get an accurate detail of the problem when SkU crashes. It was the best advice ever. After 2 weeks with no luck with IT and Sketchup team I discovered that there was an issue with visual C++ in the Bugsplat report and a very easy fix. If anybody experience this follow this link: http //go.microsoft.com/fwlink/ linkid=746572
Thank you all

Thank you Francois64. I copied my contact information in the bugsplat error but have not heard back from anyone at sketchup. I don’t understand all of the visual C++ requirements.

I tried provoking your file into causing a problem, but didn’t see anything go wrong. I’ll keep trying.

The last bugsplats I see from you are from November. Can you say enough information about what you put as your contact details, for me to be able to find the reports.

What information do you need? I’ve had multiple bugsplats in the past 2 days, 4-28-21 and 4-29-21. I added my email address in the report.

Mavera-05e.skp (3.0 MB) This file was opening like normal on 4-6-21. I get the bugsplat error now and cannot open it.

I have been able to open this file without any issues with SU2019, SU2020, SU2021.
I don’t know why it is Version 14.01 if you are using SU2021… but I purged it and saved as V14.01
.Mavera-05e_purged.skp (1.7 MB)

Thanks. Is there an issue with my graphics card or C++? I don’t know much about those types of settings.

Go to my settings>apps, search for C++. click on each ,one at a time and choose the repair option.

I don’t get a repair option, only uninstall.

The early ones did not have a repair option. Try the newest to the oldest.

Thanks Colin. It has not happened recently and often only when I am opening or closing multiple SketchUp models I have open at the same time in order to copy and paste.

I figured I may just be asking SketchUp to do to much at one time. I am a long time user since it first came out and appreciate the strong support from the community of users.

Thanks. John

Thanks. I repaired the newer versions, then restarted my computer. Still getting the bugsplat.

Do you have version C++ 2015-2019?

I believe so…

I have 2 versions…

That is correct.

Should I uninstall the 14.23.27820 and modify the 14.25.28508 ? Thank you RLGL.

The latest versions are 14.28.29325 and 14.28.29325.2.
EDIT:
Uninstall both versions, restart PC. Then go to this page : Page to DL from (safe). Scroll down to this text: Microsoft Visual C++ 2019 Redistributable choose the version for your system, either 32 or 64 bit. Go to the file and select open or run. After install restart the PC.