Since when is a Pro license user NOT eligible for upgrade and why?

I have been paying since Version 6. Now I am stuck with the last update. and as I see, it has some nasty bugs, so I guess I might have reinstall one of my older copies, if they will let me use my current License Code. I have been using my 2018 Design Suite from Autodesk since they started the same kind of stupid subscription stuff. They still check my license each time I use it. Hopefully Trimble will do the same and honor the version I last paid maintenance fees for. As for free, AutoDesk has some free online stuff like Fusion too, but it too has the wait and use and wait that internet stuff has. It is a pain in the Butt if you ask me.

You can continue to use the last version you paid M &S for. According to your profile, that’s SU2018. You can use that for as long as you want. Your license to use it won’t end. Since it sounds like you haven’t been keeping your Maintenance and Support up to date anyway, the end of the Classic license won’t have any effect on you.

This is ridiculous I have kept my M&S up to date since I first started using it. Last time you guys looked it was good until July 2021. Now you say I don’t have one?? I AM using 2020 by the way. NOT 2018. What is going on?

Why don’t you update your forum profile?

Who says you don’t? I wrote:

That’s the only information you provided. If your maintenance and support is up to date and doesn’t expire until July of next year, you have nothing to worry about. You will be eligible for an upgrade.

How can you say I haven’t been maintaining my Maintenance and Support if you don’t know? It sounds? What have I said to make you think I haven’t been keeping my Maintenance and Support current??

I wrote IF and at the time I wrote that, your profile said you were using SketchUp 2018. I would not have written “According to your profile, that’s SU2018” if your profile said you were using 2020. It still said you were using SketchUp 2018 when I wrote my previous post. You’ve updated it since then. Thank you. I only had your profile to go by as far as what version you were using.

what

are you experiencing?

I think it was just that your profile said 2018, which suggested you hadn’t upgraded to 2019 or 2020.

To confirm, you do have a 2020 license and support until next July, you don’t need to do anything in order to be upgraded to any releases between now and July. If at some point you become interested in migrating to a subscription, you don’t need to do that until July, and would still get a 60% discount.

Whether you end up using your current 2020 license, or have upgraded by July to a later version, any currently installed and activated versions of SketchUp will continue to work. If you need to move your license to a new machine, you can do that now for your 2020 license. After your support ends you will continue to be able to move your most recently activated license to other new machines (remember to remove the license from the old machine).