Same SketchUp you love, a new way to buy

One would hope so-- though there is lots of speculation that they won’t have an emulation mode b/c of the licensing fees they would have to pay to Intel and/or AMD.

This is a good reason for having a web platform: not having to worry as much about OS updates and complete shifts in direction-- like Apple appears ready to do. That said, when I asked about SU web plugin support back in 2017, I was told Trimble was working on it:

I suspect if it hasn’t been done in 3 years, it’s not going to happen. That leaves a lot of Mac power users out in the cold if Trimble’s migration involves the web version.

My guess is Trimble will have to recompile for ARM-- and don’t know how long that will take.

I’m sure Apple will paint a rosy picture for everyone at WWDC-- that said, I’m happy I no longer use them as I ditched Apple years ago when it became clear they wanted no part of serious 3D. At the time all the big game development, VR, studio 3D and VFX was being done on PCs with Nvidia GPUs. Apple decided not to let Nvidia in their walled garden-- that was the final straw for me.

1 Like