Ruby command line jobs submitted by RenderPal server start but never finish

I’ve been tasked with setting up a render server using SketchUp and the VRay for SketchUp plugin for the actual rendering and RenderPal as the queue management software. No issues with the software installs, but I’m not able to get anything to actually render.

The renderpal server runs the following command, a sketchup.exe process is spawned, and then nothing happens. I’ve let it sit over the weekend and no results are returned. No errors, no nothing.

“C:\Program Files\SketchUp\SketchUp 2018\sketchup.exe” -RubyStartup “C:\Program Files (x86)\RenderPal V2\Client\Temp\RpScript_0008_001.rb” “c:\users\iboxxsvc\appdata\local\temp\rpSketchUp_8_1_city.skp”

The file share permissions are identical to what we currently have in our production lab environment, so the chances of this being a permissions issue are astronomically slim.

Here is a link to the renderpal forum post if you would like to see the limited progress that I’ve made there.
https://forum.renderpal.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=959

Does anyone here use renderpal and have you run into this issue before?

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.