Render Fredo6/Animator VRay using GPU/CUDA

Hi, is there a way to have Fredo6/Animator use the VRay CPU/GPU render engine settings? Seems to only use the CPU regardless of what is set in the VRay settings. Is this an API limitation or can it be configured some way? Thanks!

I am afraid that the API of VRay does not allow to benefit from the performance features of VRay.

With VRay 5, there is another style of API interfacing which should be both faster and more accurate. I am exploring it and will likely integrate it in Animator. So stay tuned…

4 Likes

Cool, thanks for the heads up! Love your stuff, and VRay makes it that much better (or vice versa :slight_smile:

Hi all,

Just wondering if there has been an update on this?

Best

T

1 Like

Good evening, I would like to know if there is already a way to integrate the ANIMATOR plugin with Vray in RTX or CUDA mode. Since it only uses the cpu, you have to wait days for an animation that could take hours. Thanks.

1 Like

FREDO67 Animator will not use the external gpu when rendering in vray even though the settings are correct. Is there a way to make this work instead of gpu only?

Thanks

I can render single frames using my external GPU but even though I use the sam settings, Fredo6 only hits the CPU when doing an animation. Am I missing something??

I’m not there yet myself, but I’d like to be able to do this too. Is this something that’s better off sending off to a render farm?