Rayscaper - Looking for Mac testers

SUEX_Rayscaper_SetDllDirectory.log doesn’t exist, and there was nothing in the Ruby Console. But, restarting SketchUp showed a long list of errors, starting with this one:

Error: #<LoadError: cannot load such file – /users/colinholgate/library/application support/sketchup 2023/sketchup/plugins/rayscaper/installed/Mac/2.7.7/0.9.6 Beta/resources/SUEX_Rayscaper_SetDllDirectory>

1 Like

Thanks @colin - do you mind posting the full error? That might give a clue why SUEX_Rayscaper_SetDllDirectory could not load.

Error: #<LoadError: cannot load such file -- /users/colinholgate/library/application support/sketchup 2023/sketchup/plugins/rayscaper/installed/Mac/2.7.7/0.9.6 Beta/resources/SUEX_Rayscaper_SetDllDirectory>
/Applications/SketchUp 2023/SketchUp.app/Contents/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.7.1/lib/ruby/2.7.0/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:83:in `require'
/Applications/SketchUp 2023/SketchUp.app/Contents/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.7.1/lib/ruby/2.7.0/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:83:in `require'
/users/colinholgate/library/application support/sketchup 2023/sketchup/plugins/rayscaper/main.rbe:78:in `<module:Rayscaper>'
/users/colinholgate/library/application support/sketchup 2023/sketchup/plugins/rayscaper/main.rbe:5:in `<main>'
/Applications/SketchUp 2023/SketchUp.app/Contents/Resources/Content/Tools/extensions.rb:197:in `eval'
/Applications/SketchUp 2023/SketchUp.app/Contents/Resources/Content/Tools/extensions.rb:197:in `require'
/Applications/SketchUp 2023/SketchUp.app/Contents/Resources/Content/Tools/extensions.rb:197:in `load'
/Users/colinholgate/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2023/SketchUp/Plugins/rayscaper.rb:18:in `register_extension'
/Users/colinholgate/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2023/SketchUp/Plugins/rayscaper.rb:18:in `<module:Rayscaper>'
/Users/colinholgate/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2023/SketchUp/Plugins/rayscaper.rb:6:in `<top (required)>'

Does the extension need to be compiled against Ruby 2.7.1?

Thanks! It doesn’t tell me much, but I will figure it out :slight_smile:

Maybe… although Raycaper runs on my loaner machine (M1 Macbook Air).

Rayscaper installs via extensions manager and lists as enabled. But fails to load at startup with the errors below. Is it looking for a specific users library, someone named Thomas? ah that’s you?

< Error: #<LoadError: dlopen(/users/riley/library/application support/sketchup 2022/sketchup/plugins/rayscaper/installed/Mac/2.7.2/0.9.6 Beta/resources/SUEX_Rayscaper.bundle, 0x0009): Library not loaded: ‘@rpath/libembree4.4.dylib’

Referenced from: ‘/Users/riley/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2022/SketchUp/Plugins/rayscaper/installed/Mac/2.7.2/0.9.6 Beta/resources/SUEX_Rayscaper.bundle’

Reason: tried: '/Users/thomas/dev/Rayscaper/src/cpp/third-party/embree-4.3.1.arm64.macosx/lib/libembree4.4.dylib’ (no such file), ‘/Users/thomas/dev/Rayscaper/src/cpp/third-party/embree-4.3.1.arm64.macosx/lib/libembree4.4.dylib’ (no such file), ‘/Applications/SketchUp 2022/SketchUp.app/Contents/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.7.1/lib/libembree4.4.dylib’ (no such file), ‘/Applications/SketchUp 2022/SketchUp.app/Contents/MacOS/…/Frameworks/libembree4.4.dylib’ (no such file), ‘/usr/local/lib/libembree4.4.dylib’ (no such file), ‘/usr/lib/libembree4.4.dylib’ (no such file) - /users/riley/library/application support/sketchup 2022/sketchup/plugins/rayscaper/installed/Mac/2.7.2/0.9.6 Beta/resources/SUEX_Rayscaper.bundle>

/Applications/SketchUp 2022/SketchUp.app/Contents/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.7.1/lib/ruby/2.7.0/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:92:in `require’

/Applications/SketchUp 2022/SketchUp.app/Contents/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.7.1/lib/ruby/2.7.0/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:92:in `require’

/users/riley/library/application support/sketchup 2022/sketchup/plugins/rayscaper/main.rbe:81:in `module:Rayscaper

/users/riley/library/application support/sketchup 2022/sketchup/plugins/rayscaper/main.rbe:5:in `’

/Applications/SketchUp 2022/SketchUp.app/Contents/Resources/Content/Tools/extensions.rb:197:in `eval’

/Applications/SketchUp 2022/SketchUp.app/Contents/Resources/Content/Tools/extensions.rb:197:in `require’

/Applications/SketchUp 2022/SketchUp.app/Contents/Resources/Content/Tools/extensions.rb:197:in `load’

/Users/riley/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2022/SketchUp/Plugins/rayscaper.rb:18:in `register_extension’

/Users/riley/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2022/SketchUp/Plugins/rayscaper.rb:18:in `module:Rayscaper

/Users/riley/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2022/SketchUp/Plugins/rayscaper.rb:6:in `<top (required)>>

1 Like

Count me in too. Have been using Vray, would love something simpler for product in place rendering.

1 Like

This is useful, it looks like there is a hard-coded path to a file on my local disk.

2 Likes

Yes, I guessed the same. This would explain why it loads on your computer and no one else’s.

2 Likes

indeed. I got the same stuff as Colin, but with my path off course.

Would you please send me your computer so that I may try :clown_face:

No!!! But I will try to fix it so that everyone can use it on their own computers :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Buy me a Mac and I’ll test it for you :joy:

Hi! Old Twilight Render user here :slight_smile:

I’m looking around for a new render plugin and this sounds interesting! Currently running an iMac 5K
2017 with al the options (i7 7700K, 580 PRO 8GB, 64GB RAM). But my wife’s MacBook Air M2 is faster in SketchUp compared to the ageing iMac, while running on battery power with passive cooling :rofl:
We also have an older MacBook Pro M1 and even this one is faster in almost every task in SketchUp compared to the old intel iMac

Will be upgrading to the Mac Studio hopefully this summer, when the M3 Studio is launched.

I would happily test this on the MacBook Pro M1!

Thanks for developing for us Mac users! :+1:

This is a small update from my side: I haven’t forgotten about Mac, but I’m having issues getting Rayscaper to work on other machines. As soon as I have it working, I will post another build to test. Appreciate your patience!

2 Likes

I would be happy to try it out. I have a M2 Mac Studio so I am not limited but the CPU issue.

Thanks and good luck with the other set of issues :slight_smile:

I’m interested.

MBP 14 inch.
M3 pro, 36 MB.

Sonoma 14.2.1.

I would be happy to beta this extension. I have a 2019 intel i9 MacBook with 32Gb RAM.

Read back earlier in the posts. At this time he supports only Apple Silicon M series.

Not elegible.