I can see how that would slow me down!
We have a new Rayscaper release, version 0.8.10, you can read the full release post on SketchUcation. The main changes are:
- Bug fixes, we want to leave the alpha phase soon.
- Pan and zoom of the render viewport, makes your life easier.
- Tweaked the UI components a bit, we have a shorter way not to configure texture maps. The below image shows how it works. You can left-click on the widget to open a file chooser, right-click to show the menu or drag & drop image files. This makes configuring materials even faster.
I highly recommend upgrading to this version.
Don’t hesitate to reply here if you run into issues or have feedback.
We released Raycaper 0.8.12 Alpha today! There are lots of improvements and bug fixes, so upgrading to the latest version is highly recommended.
- The release notes: Rayscaper Release Notes - Rayscaper Documentation
- You can find the release post on SketchUcation.
In case you are wondering where’s 0.8.11, that was an internal test release.
I am eager to try this on macOS. Do you have an estimate to when it might be available?
Estimating is always a dangerous game, but I will give you an estimate anyway… I think we’ll have the first Mac version in about a month. It will also be an alpha version, which will take some time to stabilize.
We are doing a beta promo for early adopters: Rayscaper is going Beta - Once we have a Mac version, we will do something similar for Mac users.
If you are not ready to buy, you can still try Rayscaper for free. If you still have an alpha license, you can continue to use it until the 60 days expire.