Pie Menu - New Extension

Yes, but then they wander apart and people start answering both which gets confusing, often answering the same thing in both etc etc

1 Like

Yeaaaa, thatā€™s not cool.

New issue for me.
Converted to 2022, View menu is missing some buttons, but Right-Click>Show missings does not show missings.
block

Does the ā€œRefresh Iconsā€ command help?

Other than this, the v2022 release added some functionality to the APIā€™s UI::Command class that Curic may not yet have taken advantage of. They might need to update the extension.

Did you reinstall it, or just copy it over from the previous installation ?

It does not. I had already shot at that one. :wink:

It has been reinstalled.

Youā€™re probably right.

Restart SketchUp ?

Repair the SketchUp installation ? (Run installer ā€œas administratorā€)

1 Like

Iā€™ll try that second one. I have restarted SketchUp several times to no avail.

What is interesting is that the buttons that are missing are actually his, (curicā€™s align view) I would think they would pop in the missings before others. .

Perhaps I donā€™t have the align view installed. Iā€™ll check that first, but I was pretty sure that I had it installed already.

Edit: I did NOT have it downloaded. But interestingly, when I downloaded it and then ran the menu I got a SPLAT.

Did a restart, and there they are.

Yea, that would make sense. :thinking:

1 Like

Still not showing the missings on the view menu, and thereā€™s more I need to hunt down and install which is a bit frustrating.

Also, it did show the missings in the other menus.

Repairing the installation did not help.

Another thing to add is that the ā€œviewā€ menu that I have on there is actually a loaded menu and not the default one. I wonder if that is a conflict.

Getting this error when I unload and reload the custom view menu. No error in the ruby console.
bandicam 2022-01-28 11-58-10-340

Went into the Pie Manager, clicked on the import icon and was able to load a saved menu - no error dialog.

Is that what you were doing?

1 Like

Indeed! Try this one though. Tell me if you get the same error:

Itā€™s a JSON, so I canā€™t just drop it in here.

I get the Missing Commands dialog but the menu appears to loadā€¦

Screenshot 2022-01-28 184032

1 Like

To clarify, the menu loads, I just get that error box before it does, And the missing commands box is blank.

This would be a Ruby MethodError exception that Curicā€™s extension is trapping.

What it means is his code is calling the #dig method on a referenced object that is not an array, hash or struct, but instead upon a text string.

@curic4su needs to ensure in the code that the object of the #dig call actually responds to that method, before making the call. So it is indeed a code bug.

2 Likes

Greetings,

After having installed Menu Pie and other Curic extensions I have somme conflict issues.

Once Curic Pie Menu Uninstalled all reverts to normal.

There is no possibility to Disable the Pie Menu (Curic) because SU closes with BugSplat not saving changes.

Please advise.
Thank you in advance

PS 1
Is there any way to get email contact to a extension author (Curic)?

PS 2 Laste version of Su and Vray used (6.2)

Error: #<NameError: uninitialized constant VRay::GUI::EXPECTED_CALLER_LENGTH>
c:/users/xxxxx/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2023/sketchup/plugins/!curic_piemenu/override.rbe:397:in const_get' c:/users/xxxxx/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2023/sketchup/plugins/!curic_piemenu/override.rbe:397:in block in set_vray_expected_caller_lengthā€™
c:/users/xxxxxx/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2023/sketchup/plugins/!curic_piemenu/override.rbe:541:in block in new' c:/users/xxxxxxx/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2023/sketchup/plugins/!curic_piemenu/override.rbe:404:in block in set_vray_expected_caller_lengthā€™
C:/Program Files/Chaos Group/V-Ray/V-Ray for SketchUp/extension/ruby/main:24:in is_online' C:/Program Files/Chaos Group/V-Ray/V-Ray for SketchUp/extension/ruby/main:24:in initā€™
C:/Program Files/Chaos Group/V-Ray/V-Ray for SketchUp/extension/ruby/init.rb:44:in block in <top (required)>' C:/Program Files/Chaos Group/V-Ray/V-Ray for SketchUp/extension/ruby/eula.rb:63:in ensure_acceptedā€™
C:/Program Files/Chaos Group/V-Ray/V-Ray for SketchUp/extension/ruby/init.rb:10:in <top (required)>' C:/Program Files/SketchUp/SketchUp 2023/Tools/extensions.rb:197:in requireā€™
C:/Program Files/SketchUp/SketchUp 2023/Tools/extensions.rb:197:in load' C:/ProgramData/SketchUp/SketchUp 2023/SketchUp/Plugins/vfs.rb:28:in register_extensionā€™
C:/ProgramData/SketchUp/SketchUp 2023/SketchUp/Plugins/vfs.rb:28:in <module:VRay>' C:/ProgramData/SketchUp/SketchUp 2023/SketchUp/Plugins/vfs.rb:4:in <top (required)>ā€™

Hello,

I have sent you a private message with detailed instructions on removing the plugin and a quick update version to patch the error. Please check your PM inbox for this information.

Please let me know if you encounter any issues following these instructions or have any further questions. Iā€™m here to assist you.

Best regards,

3 Likes

I replied in the other thread, with instructions on how to manually switch off the extension.
It also applies to any such extension that would cause a BugSplat (or crash) on startup.

Thank you.

Responded as well.

1 Like

I downloaded Pie Menu recently and after installing, it causes a crash when starting SKP. Iā€™m using SKP23. I sent a message to Curic but have not gotten a response yet as wellā€¦