One Attribute to set up many DC characteristics

Hi Everyone Here.

Im doing some DC testings, and looking how far can go with it.

I like to build a dropdown list on a custom attribute that allows to change many other attributes from the DC.
IE, 3 types of Light Gauge Profiles Studs to choice. Any option defines 4 singular characteristics of the selected profile, like Weight, sizes (x,z), price, thickness, etc.

Can you give me a hint to do that!.
Thanks !!.

Vladimir.

See the CHOOSE and OPTIONINDEX functions - they should do what you want.

Dynamic Components SketchUp Function Examples | SketchUp Help & Dynamic Component supported functions | SketchUp Help

1 Like

Thanks Jim for your quick response.
I tried this before without getting good results. That was first option i thought, but cant use both to achieve the result.

The choose demo shows only one attribute changing while you scale the box… i want to change many and by a dropdown list.

Is there an example of these two working together to see the potential they have?

Thanks>

Thanks Mike, but this only changes geometry.

My idea is more like.

I set 3 types of wall in an attribute.
i choose the desired kind of wall trough a dropdown list.
That give me a result.
Depending on that result, 4 attributes change. Wall_weight, Wall_width_, Wall_cost and Wall_materials.
Those 4 attributes can be in different combinations, depending on the election in the Wall_type attribute…

How can i setup this?
Thanks !.

Thanks Mike, but this only changes geometry.

My idea is more like.

I set 3 types of wall in an attribute.
i choose the desired kind of wall trough a dropdown list.
That give me a result.
Depending on that result, 4 attributes change. Wall_weight, Wall_width_, Wall_cost and Wall_materials.
Those 4 attributes can be in different combinations, depending on the election in the Wall_type attribute…

How can i setup this?
Thanks !.

Like this?
Vladi.skp (22.4 KB)

Wow man!.
Thanks a lot !, that works perfect.

Will work in the my component based on that and show you the results.

THANKS !!!.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.