No ‘install’ for extension

Extensions are only shown for “Download” in lieu of “Install” from the Extension Warehouse via Google login. How can I get around to actually install these extensions for SketchUp for Web? The interface is way different from the Tutorial from the SketchUp Learning Website.

Extensions are for desktop versions of SketchUp. The interface of the web version (SketchUp Free, SketchUp Shop) is different from that of the desktop (SketchUp Make, SketchUp Pro).

In case it isn’t clear in Mihai’s reply, you can’t install extensions for the web-based version of SketchUp. Those version don’t have that option.

I’m totally new to SketchUp and to this forum community, so not sure what Mihai’s comments were nor who (s)he is. But I do suspect a free web version has a lot of limitations, just that it’s a good tool to learn and practice for now without paying the hefty fees. And I have not come across where it says that the Extension Warehouse is exclusively for paid versions. Everywhere I looked so far indicated I should get to this warehouse via Google login then I should see the Install button instead of the Download button.

That’s because it’s not exclusively for paid versions. It is exclusively for desktop versions, not web versions. Currently that would include SketchUp 2021 (which is a paid version) and SketchUp 2017 Make which is available free for hobbyist use. If you will be using SketchUp for your work you need to be using SketchUp 2021 or SketchUp Shop, not a free version. And if you want to use extensions, you’d need SketchUp 2021 which is the desktop version.

No. You shouldn’t see a button in the web version to download extensions.

Thanks. I will look for SketchUp 2017 and see what it allows. Another dumb question, can I install this version to my laptop instead of a “desktop “?

Yes. As long as you are using a PC or Mac.