My First Model - CC Please

Well my trial is up, but I still love this program. I am hoping to get a license soon so I can keep doing work here. Just before it ended I got one more project done. Here is a St. Louis Blues themed powder room. If you care about the details there is a full write-up below.

full SKP file

1 Like

You can do all that you say i layout.
In sketchup, save your 2d views as tabs, make sure the camera is set to parallel.
use cameras to set 3D views too.

In layout, insert that sketcup file and in the SU palette select the sketcup view. Copy the inserted window to other parts of your page and on each one select the SU scene you want displayed. On each of these views you can also select the scale you wish it to shown as, and that can be different for each window so you can have the various details at different scales.
To fit much of this on one page, use a large paper size. It can always be output as a pdf so can be viewed and printed on smaller paper, but the page size will allow for full size prints. Obviously the printed scale will only be correct for the larger prints.

If you have other graphics, images, they can always be inserted into the layout document too.

Another technique we often use in small spaces [eg lift car interiors] is doing the perimeter wall as a single surface and painting the exterior side [backface] with an invisible [seethru ] material

here is a former discussion

1 Like

Hello Steve,

Thank you for you answer. I figured it out about scaling, it’s actually quiet simple. I will try to apply your explanations on my next project.

Edgar Schnegg

Av. de Crozet 6

CH-1219 Châtelaine

Portable : 079 445 05 21

www.schnegg-e.com

1 Like