Multicore processing

hello

I’m new in sketchUp community and i want to ask something which is it’s that posible to make a sketchUp software to run multicore or any suggestion to make sketchUp software run faster? hoping you all are friendly to help the noobies one here…

No CAD program runs multicore, it is not possible. To make SketchUp run faster use a simple display style with less to render. Turn profiles off, and textures off, and keep shadows off. Use low poly models whenever possible, be very careful of things downloaded from the warehouse as they are often over-detailed and remember to purge you model regularly.

1 Like

I already do the same things that you suggest. but, it’s looks like my sketchup are not working smoothly. :frowning:
but thanks for the suggestions! :+1:

Make sure your graphic card driver is up to date, from the manufacturer not windows.
Try unticking or ticking use fast feedback in opengl setting.

I can vouch for the fact that Sketchup runs better with a fast processor and decent graphics card. What doesn’t is Layout. Or as I prefer to call it, Layabout.

2 Likes

for the information, now i am trying to make sketchup model into citygml format for lod4 using cityeditor plugin.