Movies recommendations

As this is an off-topic corner, it would be great to share good movies here. I personally hate spending hours searching for a new film to watch :roll_eyes:
So, I’ll start. The last good movie I watched was The Mauritanian. It is based on a true story. And the actors play great. I really enjoyed it.
mauritanian

Have a go at Beanpole.

1 Like

2 Likes

Jonah_Who_Will_Be_25_in_the_Year_2000

1 Like

4 Likes

One of my all time favorites

4 Likes

1958:

8 Likes

7 Likes

Well if you’re onto the Coen Brothers, where to stop?

51zPQhPI5cL.SX315_BO1,204,203,200

There’s no such thing as a bad Coen film (or I haven’t yet seen it, maybe?).

2 Likes

Babel is a fascinating cinematic experience. It’s a story that is influenced by characters in four totally different countries around the world. The film shows the complexity of the world and the contrast of cultures and landscapes.

“The film tells the story of a group of actors in Montreal who perform a Passion play in a Quebec church (the film uses the grounds of Saint Joseph’s Oratory on Mount Royal), combining religious belief with unconventional theories on a historical Jesus. As the church turns against the main actor and author of the play, his life increasingly mirrors the story of Jesus”

One of my favourite movies. A brilliant concept that takes place in the midst of intellectuals and university professors : the women are at the gym, the men in the kitchen to prepare their lunch together on a Sunday. Separately, They talk about their personal life and their sex life, their adultery, which they would not dare to discuss with their spouses. Then they get together …

iu-2

“When Betty is caught en flagrante, her bourgeois in-laws and husband force a divorce settlement upon her and bar her from seeing her two daughters. She is rescued from an alcoholic stupor by Laure, a middle-aged woman who takes Betty to her hotel lodgings, extends friendship and care, and listens to her story. Laure’s lover, Mario, the proprietor of the bar where Betty and Laure met, is first a friend, then Betty’s next conquest.”

Not a great movie, but a great true story.

Interesting choices. “After Hours” although at this point is dated, was absolutely hilarious.

1 Like

I will submit “Secondhand Lions” to this list.

2 Likes

Awesome movie! Loosely based on Homers “Odyssey”. I’ve probably watched it five or six times.

1 Like

5 Likes