Mesh kit configuration for gmsh

I follow this tutorial:

At 2:22 there is an option Quick Mesh Options. I found that when I do the same, there is no mesh generated. I installed gmesh into “Gmesh path:” C:\Program Files\gmsh-3.0.6-Windows32 … I tried to configure Mesh kit. I tried both the directory and the gmsh.exe file path, using “Active Mesher:” gmsh. Unfortunately no one of the path works to me. The mesh was no generated. I can run the program separately but I cannot to generate the mesh in SU 2016. Any solution for this?

Looks I have found some post of the author of the extension which could make things more clear.

Peter V
2 years ago

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for checking out the extension!

So, a couple possibilities spring to mind:

1. Make sure the gmsh path in Meshkit (the right-most button) is set to wherever you have gmsh installed. It should look something like this for Mac: /Applications/Gmsh.app/Contents/MacOS/gmsh or this for Windows: C:\Users\Andrew\Desktop\gmsh.exe

2. Make sure the object that you want to mesh is in a Group (not a Component) and that it is selected when you click “QuickMesh”

If these don’t solve the issue, just open the ruby console, try again, and copy the output to a text file. Then, if you could share a Dropbox (or equivalent) folder with the text output and the sketchup model - I’ll take a look.

Thanks!

What I found so far, when I select the group and I click on Quick mesh, there is send this text to ruby console:

Region: 1 has subregions: false
Region: 1 has subvolumes: false
Region: 1 has adjacent: false
Region 1 has no subregions or subvoumes.

However I do not know how to create subregions or subvolumes, if this is what is needed.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.