Medeek Wall

It may work with the previous version, but not with a wall made with v2.8.8

block

1 Like

It should work since older walls aren’t a factor with this latest update (ie. only the code of the door module was modified).

When you updated the plugin did you uninstall the previous version first?

Open the developer console in the HTML menu and see if it shows any errors.

P.S.
I think I might know what the issue may be, I will push out an update to resolve it.

P.P.S.
The quick workaround for the moment is to select CUSTOM as the casing style, then in the drop down box select a valid profile, then change the casing style to “G” or any other casing style. I will fix this potential problem with the next release which I am working on right now.

2 Likes

Version 2.9.7 - 08.09.2022

• Enabled the following CUSTOM casings for rectangular windows: CUSTOM, CUSTOM D, CUSTOM F, CUSTOM G.
  • Added a thumbnail preview into the edit and draw window menus showing the custom casing profiles.
  • Added a thumbnail preview into the Window tab of the Global Settings and added the custom profile parameter.
  • Added a STYLE G casing option for rectangular windows.
  • Fixed a compatibility bug with CUSTOM door casings.

View model here:

1 Like

So three questions:

1. How would I flip the door and window labels so we don’t have to flip the print around to read it?
  2. If I need a door to have a RO of 38.25" x 82.25" and the door is to be “x”, really to frame the opening correctly I can set the horizontal and vertical RO offsets to “0” and just put the height and width for 38.25" x 82.25" which will leave a half inch gap on top and 1/4" on the sides, but while the RO will be right the actual door and the gap will not.
  3. But what If I had the actual manufacturer specs on the door and their recommended RO? Could I make the door, say, 36.563" x 80.572" and then have the RO offset so that is 38.25" x 82.25"? If so, how?
2 Likes

I’ll need to look at questions 2 and 3 in some more detail but with regards to question 1 do you mean flip the dimensions on the other side of the wall or do you just mean inverting the text upside down from what it currently is?

Would this feature be better on a per wall basis or a per opening basis?

1 Like

Both of those things would be very useful, but more so the text itself being flipped around it’s center.

I’d probably get really frustrated with that unless there was some sort of opening copy tool.

2 Likes

Sounds like it needs to be on a per wall basis.

I think what I will do is add in a new section (Annotations) into the draw and edit menus for walls:

This will allow one to separately customize the label rotation for each wall panel (default will be zero). This will then rotate all of the text labels for the wall and any openings, in-wall columns, shearwalls etc…

I was going to leave this open ended but I think making it a drop down box with incremental rotation value will be more convenient.

The rotation will not flip them over the wall but simply rotate them about their center.

2 Likes

You’re the man! :clap:

1 Like

You might want an option for a default that is relative to the model. Or perhaps make your angle relative to the model instead of the wall. Seems like the goal is to have all the labels turned the same angle relative to the model. Probably the labels would want to be parallel to the wall though so you would have to figure out what the preferred direction is and rotate accordingly. (ie. default to 0 or 180 based on the wall angle).

2 Likes

There are a few ways I could go on this but I think the simplest is have each wall panel have the option for modifying the label rotations. A global setting is something I will consider.

2 Likes

Version 2.9.8 - 08.13.2022

• Added a “Label Rotation” parameter for all wall types (0 or 180 degrees).
  • Added a default “Label Rotation” parameter into the General tab of the Global Settings.

P.S.
This one is for @LinearGraphs

2 Likes

Awe shucks!

Thanks Nathan!

2 Likes

Tutorial 31 - Custom Window and Door Casings (15:42 min.)

It’s crazy to think that about seven years ago I started these plugins (Oct. 2015) and really had no idea where this might go. With the SketchUp API I’ve managed to turn SketchUp into a program or environment where you can automatically generate architectural geometry that would normally take a program like Revit or Chief Architect. The API along with the full Ruby language essentially makes it possible to customize SketchUp in just about any way possible, which is what makes it so powerful and fun to tinker with.

Thank-you SketchUp and all the people along the way who created this amazing 3D drawing environment and for me a programmer’s paradise.

11 Likes

Thank you, Nathaniel, for creating such a complete and extraordinary solution for building.
I would be interested to know where you’re headed with this next.

2 Likes

Well there is still a lot to do, which I find surprising after working on these plugins now for quite some time.

My latest todo list:

1.) Floor Plugin
2.) Complex Truss Module and further work on the Complex Rafter Module of the Truss Plugin.
3.) Updates to the Electrical Plugin (more options for switches)
4.) Plumbing and HVAC Plugins.
5.) A Deck Plugin
6.) A Interior (Kitchen, Bathroom, Laundry) Plugin.
7.) Continual updates and bug fixes for all of the plugins.

3 Likes

Ambitious!

1 Like

The way software development works is that the more you do the more there is left to do. :wink:

3 Likes

Version 2.9.9 - 08.21.2022

• Enabled an option to specify the location of beam pocket king studs for in-wall columns: LEFT, RIGHT, BOTH.
  • Fixed a number of minor bugs related to in-wall columns.

This allows for more flexibility with in-wall columns (ie. conditions where the beam and column are positioned at the end of the wall).

1 Like

Version 3.0.0 - 08.22.2022

• Fixed a bug created by the upgrades in Version 2.9.9.
  • Updated some of the Global Settings tabs to display the status message at the top of the HTML page.

The menu fix is a simple thing really but from a UI perspective I think it actually is a big deal. The problem is that the status text was being displayed at the bottom of the page and if the user sizes the browser window for the global settings too small this text does not actually get displayed, at least not where it is visible.

I haven’t updated all of the tabs yet because I want to get some feedback first and if it is positive I will proceed to update the global settings entirely and all of the other plugins.

1 Like

We are now about 30 days out from SketchUp 3D Basecamp 2022. Please be aware of the current promotion for the mdkBIM suite (permanent licenses) to coincide with Basecamp:

Note: There will be no rainchecks on this promotion and there will also be no discounts on subscription licenses or permanent licenses purchased separately. The promotion will go from today (Aug. 22nd) to Sept. 30th.

P.S.
I have extended the Basecamp promotion until Oct. 8, due to popular demand.

2 Likes