Lucas renderings for fun

I liked the posts of Sleepless Night by DaveR, Tuna’s Trash by tuna1957 and Cotty’s gallery images by Cotty, so I decided to start my own topic. I don’t do professional rendering, it’s more of a hobby and something that brings me pleasure. I’ve been using SketchUp since version 6, before that I tried 3D Studio (for DOS), Maya, Modo, and Blender… Even to this day, I consider SketchUp the best choice.

My debut render is the stunning Mandala model, courtesy of xam.quinto from the SketchUp Warehouse with a bit of postprocessing.

5 Likes

Another render, I used a similar render as a background for a poster at my university, a free HDR map as the background and light source, and a sphere from the 3D Warehouse.

2 Likes

Cool stuff :+1: Only one problem with the first image…if I stare at it to long it makes me dizzy :crazy_face:

1 Like

This time, I paired the same HDR map with a Lego model from the 3D Warehouse, adding a touch of bloom and depth of field to create a more captivating scene.

2 Likes

Gundam unicorn model by ji Q.

Utilized a shadow catcher material on the plane.
Employed the ‘Glazed Patio by Restaurant’ HDR map from HDRMaps to enhance the scene’s lighting and atmosphere.
A post-processing module was also utilized (auto exposure, bloom, lens dirt texture).

2 Likes

Good. I wish more people did that, it’s not just a help desk :slight_smile:

you should check that thread from Aaron. you’ll need a bigger surrounding :slight_smile:

He divided the falcon in 3 parts on the warehouse.

2 Likes

you should check that thread from Aaron. you’ll need a bigger surrounding :slight_smile:

The level of detail is impressive!

He divided the falcon in 3 parts on the warehouse.

I’m curious - did he do this due to file size or polygon count limitations on the 3D Warehouse?
I’m definitely inspired to try rendering the Millennium Falcon now…

I had to split it due to the file size and what was allowed on Warehouse at the time.

1 Like

Check out this incredible Millennium Falcon model! Kudos to @TheOnlyAaron for an outstanding modeling job.

1 Like

Back view with post processing module…

1 Like

I bet you make a great poker chip!

1 Like

Well, I guess that’s a chip off the old block!

Im referring to your first image in the thread. Its excellent…

1 Like

Thank you very much!

And now, I’d like to share my latest creation: a stunning Torus Voronoi model, courtesy of @mihai.s. I utilized the powerful SketchUV Mapping tools to perfect the UV mapping. Additionally, I employed PBR textures to add realism to the floor and main model.

4 Likes

Tonight, I experimented with Nathalia V.'s 3D Warehouse bathroom model.
Let me know if you’d like any further tweaks!

If you want me to render a specific model, send a link to the 3D Warehouse.