Layout should output images in PNG format with white not transparent background - is that possible?

Hello, everyone.

Layout should output images in PNG format with white not transparent background - is that possible?

I know the function that you can save the image file as JPG and so you get a white background. The problem is then: the quality, texts and drawings should always be output as PNG. JPG is only suitable for pictures.

Why do I have the problem and why don’t I just use the transparent background? The problem is partly due to Microsoft Word: as soon as I print a file as a PDF, I get a black background: http://prntscr.com/gpftq4 (by the way only at 300 dpi, 72 dpi does not cause the problem. 72 dpi is too bad though)

So I think the best solution would be: PNG with a white background. Is that possible?

If you use a 1% gray background instead of pure white the resulting image should be opaque, and practically indistinguishable from pure white.
Or you could try adjusting the JPG export quality settings with compression turned off.

1 Like

First of all, thank you very much for your comment.

That would be a step, but I would prefer the PNG solution. So PNG format with white background.

What happens if you go into “Document Setup > Paper” and check the box that says “Print paper color”?

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.