Layout Constantly Crashing

yes do…

Beth Cab Working 1.skp
…hope this helps Paul, thanks

Did you save the SketchUp file as 2019 format or are you working with SketchUp 2019?
Just that when I opened the file in 2021 it said that it was a 2019 file.

I was able to send to Layout from SketchUp with no crashing.

I did a component and materials purge in the SU file and reduced the file size from 122mb to 38mb.

Currently running cleanup but it says that there’s 40 minutes or so left, standby…

result of cleanup

Screenshot 2021-05-26 225921

In 2021 the purged and cleaned upped SU file continues to be sent successfully to Layout.

I hope to support multiple CPUs, otherwise it’s always slow

Hi has this been resolved in the latest or upcoming Sketchup version?
I’m planning on getting it, but I don’t care what anybody has been writing here to this point.
It is 1-to-1 some sort of bug within Layout. If you leave all the scenes as ‘raster’ or ‘hybrid’ you are fine, but that means all your drawings are quite blurry…
The moment you switch to ‘vector’ you have a very high probability that it will crash.
GPU power, operation system or hardware have nothing to do with this!
Most of the respondents here have the newest machines and the latest graphic cards and what not…
Sorry, but it’s definitely a bug, that I hope they have been able to recreate and solve in the upcoming version otherwise no point in buying it…

Your drawings are blurry? Or does it look jagged when zoomed in? My print sets that are done with Raster and Hybrid are crystal clear. Most forget that while working in LO you are often the equivalent of touching your nose to the page.

So I don’t know why someone should repeat to you personally what this thread already has in it.

1 Like

Hey Fred, it’s not a bug, and I guess maybe it is a bug at the same time. There is no doubt that layout has speed issues, I’m sure this will get so much better, maybe even on the next release, you never know! ;).

I would be willing to bet that you have things like auto render on while you’re in layout and aren’t too familiar with how to use that setting, am I right? That makes a massive difference in how fast layout will be, another tip is to group your viewports when you want to resize them, if auto render is on in the sketchup model window in layout, the viewports will resize up to 3x faster than they would if you tried resizing a viewport that was not a group. Those two things should make layout very useable for you, if not, perhaps you do need a better system and computer specs, not sure though.

Your attitude seems to be that you don’t care what people have to say to this point, so I’m going to guess that if you’d like people to help you, you might change your attitude. It’s frustrating for many people, myself included at certain points.

Hello everyone!

I have a problem with SketchUp and Layout, I’m finishing my project and I’m trying to make the final drawings and every time that I send a scene to Layout, I can’t work on them. Please help me!!!
And SketchUp doesn’t let me finish my project either.

*I already click out the “Automatically fix problems when they are found” and nothing seems to help.

Im desperate!!! :see_no_evil:

Are you able to post files somewhere for us to try?

Is there any difference if you use File/Insert in LayOut, instead of Send to LayOut?

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.