I've lost 3 weeks worth of work in a crash

If SketchUp saves my drawings every 5 minutes, the most data I should lost should be 5 minutes worth.

The drawing file shows up in the folder where it was originally created, and it appears in the icon to be the latest version. However, when I click on it, it opens a white page that I can’t even draw on.

I have to use these drawings to obtain a permit to rehab a house. I can’t start over now.

Just now, I went to open a different drawing and got the following message: This does not appear to be a SketchUp model!

The other project drawing opened as a blank page that I, once again, could not draw on. I can’t access ANY of my drawings now.

Thank you for any assistance you can offer!

Respectfully,

Mark

What version of SketchUp are you really using? Your profile says you are using SketchUp Make but you posted in SketchUp for Web.

Share the SketchUp file with us if you want help and make sure your profile is correct. Maybe you haven’t actually lost anything.

1 Like

I tried to share the “blank” drawing and it says I have to save it 1st, but I don’t have anything to save. I’ve not made any changes.

I’m using SketchUp for the web browser. Nothing has changed as far as where I go or how I login.

Just download the file to your computer.

Please correct your forum profile, then. You aren’t using SketchUp Make as it says.

1 Like

Princess Leia saved her file to a disk and then backed it up with R2D2. I’m not sure what format they used, but for SketchUp the backup file is an .SKB. Check to see if you have an skb of the file in the folder where you saved the file.

2 Likes

I closed the tab and reopened a new one. Problem solved (I think).

Except with the browser version there’s no .skb backup file. :wink:

2 Likes

So now you can see your model?

Yes. PANIC is such an ugly thing!!!

1 Like

I thought he was using the Maker Droid.

1 Like

Presumably since you are using the free web version this is a hobby thing for you. Don’t panic over your hobby stuff. :wink:

Again, please correct your forum profile.

Steps to correct forum profile?

Click your Icon (upper right) → Profile (bottom of the drop down) → Preferences (in the drop down) → Profile.

This topic was automatically closed after 91 days. New replies are no longer allowed.