How to make two partially intersecting cylinders without a wall inside one of the cutouts?

I have a block that’s 4” wide, 2.5” high and 1” deep. I’ve cut a 1/2” cylinder through it from front to back. Now I’m trying to cut a second perpendicular 1/2” cylinder from top to bottom - but offset slightly so that the 2 cylinders only overlap by 1/8”. No matter which cylinder I create first, the second cylinder leaves a curved wall inside the first and I can’t figure out how to delete that little section of wall without deleting the second cylinder entirely. What’s the right way to do this?

Upload the .skp file so we can see exactly what you’ve got and help you.

You probably need to intersect faces between the cylinders (in the same context) to create a surface that you can delete. But as DaveR says, upload your file to get better advice.

Try this: Joining Pipes Skill Builder

Click in sequence on the scenes tabs of this SU file for ideas.

Intersecting holes in a block.skp (173.6 KB)

Here’s a link to the model - https:// Trimble Identity
The design has changed a bit. Now one of the cylinders is more of a rectangle with one rounded corner but I think you’ll get the picture. The part that needs to go away is colored red.

Sorry it’s a bit clumsy because I had my coffee in the other hand. As mentioned by others, you need to use Intersect with Selection
GIF 8-01-2022 12-38-04 PM

2 Likes

That’s a perfect representation of what I’m trying to do. Problem is, it lost me at “after an intersection”.

Got it. Thank you, Box!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.