How to get ideas about simple objects to draw, learn and improve skills?

Hi everybody.

So far, I’ve been looking for simple 3D objects images on https://images.google.com to learn at the same time I practice my skills and I ask my doubts here in the forum.

I found a list of basic and not so basic things you can try to draw here: A series of objects to practice modeling - SusoSight

I thank his work, but I’m looking for a longer list, with a picture as sketch to have some lines to work on.

I’m not creative enough and this keeps me busy, I enjoy it and it’s a hobby to me.

I mainly copy designs from others. I’d like you to recommend where can I get more ideas or … simple models to copy and learn from them at the same time I improve my skills, I know 3D warehouse exists, maybe you can recommend some author that has a good collection of objects to inspect, all recommendations are welcome.

I drew the objects that are in the first four tutorials under the title “Getting Started with SketchUp
I also drew some objects from the book SketchUp 2016 Hands-On: Basic Exercises

I usually don’t save my tests or “pictures”, but those ones are some I made (most of them are copies):

I apologize if I should upload these pictures in another place to avoid slowdown the server.

Thanks in advance as always. :wink:

2 Likes

Maybe google search for images for: toys + wood

1 Like

What are your hobbies? I think you’re most likely to enjoy an area you’re interested in, you could go from there.

1 Like

Why don’t you draw things you can get your hands on? Surely you don’t live in a monk’s cell. That way you can see all sides of it and take measurements from it.

1 Like

Everything you all have said are good recommendations, I really appreciate them ;).

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.