How to curve an existing product from 3D warehouse

Hi,

I am trying to curve the glass frame/door to match the black curved line on the ground.

I have downloaded Truebend extension but hasn’t helped.

Any suggestions? Much appreciated.

What glass frame/door? Share your SketchUp model file with us so we have some hope of helping you.

What operating system are you using? “2022” doesn’t answer that question.

Yes. Version 2022

What line are you trying to match? Again upload YOUR SketchUp file.

That doesn’t identify an operating system. Windows 10, Mac OS 12; those are operating systems.

Mac OS 12

File is too big to send

Upload it to DropBox and share the link.

Did it work for you?

Yes. I got the file.

Is this sort of what you want?

That’s exactly what I wanted. But any chance, you can expand it to the wall on the right?

So you want it stretched in a single unit across the width?

Yes. Will that make it look weird or can you copy parts of the glass?

It also needs to be increased in height.

I don’t know exactly what you need. You can stretch the component if you want or you could maybe put in a couple of copies.

Instead of using True Bend for this, I used Shape Bender. There’s a full length arc here to choose the bent version. If that arc was split in two you could use two copies of the bent windows. For the height just use Scale.

Frankly, for something like this I think I would have just modeled the bent doors/windows from scratch instead. Probably less screwing around.

By the way, I fixed incorrect tag usage in your model.
Screenshot - 2_21_2023 , 7_01_51 PM
And purged unused stuff from the file.
Screenshot - 2_21_2023 , 7_02_06 PM
This reduced the file size by nearly 83.5%.
Retail Shop Westfield 220223 copy purged.skp (3.1 MB)

1 Like

You are a lifesaver. Thank you very much. Exactly what I needed. :slight_smile:

Maybe you can get by without plugins, if you can use window panels with flat glasses. Otherwise, if you really want curved glasses be prepared to pay a lot of money.

Click in sequence on the scenes tabs of this SU file for ideas.

Curved wall with windows.skp (223.7 KB)

2 Likes

Especially as in practice this would be made from straight frame segments. A shallow curve contributes little to the design but multiplies the cost.

1 Like