How do I know vertex texture UV coords got from SDK is valid?

Hi Experts,

If I assign a material onto component or group, and the model itself has no material; then how to build the relationship between the material of component or group and vertex texture UV coords of polygonmesh?

Appreciate for your help.

Thanks
Phenix

I’m confused by your title and message body. They seem to ask different things.

Regarding the title question, in what scenario are you concerned the data from the C API isn’t valid?
Example?

About the relationship, I’m not sure I understand this question. What relationship are you trying to resolve?

Regarding the title question, in what scenario are you concerned the data from the C API isn’t valid?
Example?
When my model doesn’t have material, I still query UV coords from the function “SUTextureWriterGetFrongFaceUVCoords(…)”. So I want to know if vertex texture UV coords is valid.

What relationship are you trying to resolve?
I assign a material onto component or group, if I want to import component or group material into my application, I need to get UV coords from SUTextureWriterGetFrongFaceUVCoords(…), How do I know the UV coords from C API are related to which component or group material?

When querying UV coords, should I call which functions? SUTextureWriterGetFrongFaceUVCoords(…) or SUFaceGetUVHelperWithTextureHandle()?