Graphics Cards in Notebooks

Continuing the discussion from Welcome to our forums! Please introduce yourself :slight_smile::

@bupkins, if Lenovo offers the computer with the nVidia card, they will have drivers to optimize its performance for notebook use.

This indicates you need to be using SketchUp Pro, not Make.

Welcome to our forums! Please introduce yourself :)

I have not used SketchUp yet, but I have purchased a book called SketchUp-- a Design Guide for Woodworkers , which suggests that SketchUp Make is fine for my purposes, so that is the version I will definitely be using. I will not be a high-end user. Do you think the Intel HD 630 integrated graphics card will suit my purposes?

Joe’s a nice guy but you should refer to the EULA instead of a book written by a SketchUp user. Since you will be using SketchUp in your business you must use SketchUp Pro.

Joe Zeh is also a friend of mine. I’m quite sure he meant only to comment about the technical capabilities of Make vs Pro, not about the license aspect of casual vs professional usage!

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.