Graphics card on mac

Is the Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650 1536 MB adequate for SU2020.

See SketchUp Hardware and Software Requirements | SketchUp Help

In general, the video cards shipped with Macs work very well with Sketchup, even when they are as old as mine (late 20212)!

1 Like

Yours must, like Merlin, be aging backward through time :wink:

1 Like

I’m on SU 2020 trial, and It’s crashing a lot. I cant work our why. Just need to know if this computer can handle it.

Do you have any extensions installed? If so, try disabling all of them and see if the crashes still occur. Also, are you saving files on a local disk that is not synced to the cloud or other remote?

Integrated graphics work well with SU…though I’d get a dedicated GPU for final rendering if that is what you do too.

HI Steve, thanks for your advice so far.
There’s no extensions, and had already stopped using dropbox. I’m now trying it without the 2 x 27inch monitors plugged in and seems more stable. I will see how this goes.

Hi, Thanks for that…at the moment, i am just using it for theatrical layout plans, importing 2d DWG and using this as basis for the SU 3d. Haven’t got round to rendering yet, but hope to explore this at some stage.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 186 days. New replies are no longer allowed.